Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Import from iPhone to Mac

Default Import from iPhone to Mac

I must be dumb, I can't find a way to export an editable file to my mac, can only send a JPEG.
    Is there a way to export a iReal Book Editor formatted file to the OSX editor?
    Thanks,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopEd View Post
    I can't find a way to export an editable file to my mac, can only send a JPEG. Is there a way to export a iReal Book Editor formatted file to the OSX editor?
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319

Basically you email the tune to yourself, but pick it up on your Mac. Click on it in your email app. and the Mac editor will open it (assuming you have Mac editor installed first.)
    Thanks for the question, hope this answers your query.

Wow, thanks, that was fast!
    Now, can I convert the resulting file into a simple text file that I could paste into BIAB?
    Happy New year.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopEd View Post
    can I convert the resulting file into a simple text file that I could paste into BIAB?
    I am not very familiar with BIAB (Band-in-a-box) chord formatting, but found this (which might be relevant):
    http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/sh...82&Main=247626
    which seems to suggest that you cannot Paste (at least at the time of the answers given.)

If it is possible now to do it, you would have to change the format from irb to BIAB before pasting.
    One way would be to click on the Song to forums button in Mac editor, then paste into your text editor to see the code of the song. (Use Text editing software like MS Word) and use the Find and Change options a few times (on the various symbols) to convert. There are differences in chord quality notations, designations to start new bars, beats in the bar and form (repeats) etc. And title, key, time sigs. etc. would all have to be converted or manually inserted.

These are the recognized chords in BIAB:
    http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_chordlist.htm

If anyone else has already solved this, please post to this thread.
    Last edited by dflat; 01-01-2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added BIAB chords reference

I have been trying this using Firefox. Doesn't work. Only on Mac Mail. Have you been able to get this to work on other than MacMail?

Quote Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
    I have been trying this using Firefox. Doesn't work. Only on Mac Mail. Have you been able to get this to work on other than MacMail?
    If I understand what your question is, you are wanting to use FF to pick up your email (presumably using webmail to get into your email account) and have the file load in Mac editor?

Send song>To other iPhone/iPod touch;
    email to your webmail account;
    if you see the title of the song in webmail, you should just be able to click on it and Mac editor will open the song.

If you only see raw code, then this will not work. You could try different email addresses if you have them. (There have been reported problems with gmail email accounts.)
    If you have a me.com address via mobileme, it should work using webmail and ff.

I hope this answers your question and you get it working.

Diatonic, just another thought, if you can get it into our Web editor, you should be able to click on the Song title in the Email box and the song will open in Mac editor.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    (There have been reported problems with gmail email accounts.)
    There is a workaround using gmail here, which might help some users.
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319

This does help and I find mac mail is the way to go. My Verizon email goes thru firefox and does not work well with the code. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
    This does help and I find mac mail is the way to go. My Verizon email goes thru firefox and does not work well with the code. But thanks.
    Diatonic, glad you have something sorted. I was just thinking - you could configure Mac mail for one particular email address and just use that one for transferring your charts around, still keeping for Verizon for everything else.
    Thanks for replying.
    Last edited by dflat; 03-11-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: tidied up my irrelevant posts