Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I import to iPhone from Editor

Default How do I import to iPhone from Editor

Sorry for the dumb question. How do I create a song in the Editor and then get it into my iPhone?

Bill

Create a song by typing in the chords you want.
    When done press the "Email Song" button (the one with the picture of the iPhone on it).
    This will open Apple mail.
    Send the email with the song in it to yourself.
    Open the email on your iPhone in the Mail program and click on the song code.

I have an itouch & this doesn't work. There is no way to click on the code. You can select & copy it but there doesn't seem to be a way to paste it in the irealbook editor. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cogster View Post
    I have an itouch & this doesn't work. There is no way to click on the code. You can select & copy it but there doesn't seem to be a way to paste it in the irealbook editor. Any ideas?
    Assuming you have emailed the irb file to yourself, and collected it in Mail on your iPod Touch, open the email and tap directly on the song title (it should be colored blue and underlined) in the body of the email. (Do not copy/paste as this does not work.)
    iReal Book should automatically open and ask if you want to add the song to your irb library.

Default same problem

I've just started using the Mac editor, and I want to get a song onto my iPod Touch. When I chose an "email" option the first time, it opened Mail, which I can never use any more (at work it's all gone Gmail) so I quit Mail. When I tried again, it opened one of my Gmail accounts in the browser but didn't create a message or offer a link to click anywhere. When I tried to send to a Forum topic (Contemporary Jazz) I got a lot of html garbage that did not look worth posting.

Is there more complete Help on this somewhere?

Default & more

When I try the PDF method, I can get it into my mail on the iPod. But it doesn't offer iReal Book as an option for opening the file.

[QUOTE=CHartman;3235]When I tried to send to a Forum topic I got a lot of html garbage that did not look worth posting.

Try posting it ("html garbage") to the Sandbox section of the Forums as a test.

Also check this thread:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488
    )BOB
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHartman View Post
    ...it opened Mail, which I can never use any more (at work it's all gone Gmail)
    Our recommended method is to use Mail since it does not corrupt the song codes.
    Also there have been reports of corruption using gmail addresses (sometimes hotmail also.) If you have an independent ISP email addresses, try those.

When I try the PDF method, I can get it into my mail on the iPod. But it doesn't offer iReal Book as an option for opening the file.
    No, the PDF will not open in iReal Book (currently v3) but will be viewable in the iOS device as it can display PDFs.

I tried the Sandbox but it still looks like raw code ("irealbook://Wrong%20Together%3DSwallow%20Steve%3DSlow%20Swing% 3DF%3Dn%3D%5BT44E*m9*%2C%20" etc).

How do I convince the Mac Editor to use Mail? It did once, but after that it always opens up one of my two Gmail accounts in the browser instead. There are (almost) no Preferences, and I can't find a menu item for this anywhere.

]
    How do I convince the Mac Editor to use Mail?
    Hi CHartman, sorry for all the problems you are having.
    Check that Apple Mail on your Mac computer is set to the default Mail app:
    Mail>Preferences>General....Default mail reader .... Mail.

Once this is done, Clicking Mac editor>Playlist to device (or Song to device) should open Mail and insert the song code into the body of your email. If you can use an email address from your ISP (not gmail) and able to pick this up on your iOS device then the code should stay intact. This might mean you have to set up a new account in Mail (Preferences>Accounts so they send from the ISP (or your alternate email address) and set up Mail in your iOS device to collect email from there.
    (But try gmail/hotmail first as they could work ok.)

Please let us know if you are still having problems.