Thread: Coda, D.S., and D.C.

Default Coda, D.S., and D.C.

Hello,
    I'm trying to make a chart for "Three Views of a Secret". Codas and D.S.s are essential, I believe. Can you add them on the web editor?

Quote Originally Posted by aarongermain View Post
    Codas and D.S.s ... Can you add them on the web editor?
    Yes. The Coda and Segno signs are in the Rehearsal marks menu.
    To make any text, use Staff text (near the dotted line across the chart.) You can move it up with the arrows if you want it at the top of the bar rather than along the bottom. Sometimes you have to start it in a beat a little before you think so it all fits in... for instance "D.S. al Coda" which is quite long.
    Last edited by Cedar; 03-09-2010 at 03:59 AM.

It seems that no matter where I place the "D.C.al Coda," it always plays through to the end of the score during playback before observing the D.C.. Any insights or sugestions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHayesMusic View Post
    It seems that no matter where I place the "D.C.al Coda," it always plays through to the end of the score during playback before observing the D.C.. Any insights or sugestions on this?
    You have a Coda sign marking the beginning of the Coda?

Thanks for the response. Yes, I did have my Coda marked. The Coda itself, though, had a first and second ending in it. That was no doubt part of the problem. When I tried to set up a DC al Coda in another file, I had no problem. Luckily, I was able to make this one work with first, second and third endings. I'd post a link to the file here, if I knew how.
    Last edited by BrianHayesMusic; 06-03-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Clarity

While looking at the song, at the bottom the "arrow" menu has "post to forums" item: tap. That copies the song code in the clipboard, and then you go to forums and in the desired thread PASTE in the message.
    Thanks for "3VTAS", it's a beautiful song!!!!