Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for future updates

I created a playlist of about 150 tunes to call on gigs. It would be nice to see the list in 2 or 3 rows rather than having to scroll down one long vertical list.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskrone View Post
    I created a playlist of about 150 tunes to call on gigs. It would be nice to see the list in 2 or 3 rows rather than having to scroll down one long vertical list.
    Hello Beskrone, are you referring to iPhone/iPod touch or iPad? (we have more room on the iPad to do this with of course.)
    A suggestion in the meantime would be to split your playlist alphabetically - like A to G, G to M or whatever. Also I have used the Search feature (no need to type in the whole title, just a word) on a gig and I find it quite fast. It is at the top of Song index.

Hi Dflat,
    I'm using the iPhone app. Splitting the playlist into smaller sizes alphabetically is an ok quick fix. But on a gig, it's nice to see a whole list or most of a list at a glance. Is it even possible to do columns on the iPhone? I know it's smaller than the iPad but it could help find tunes faster. Is voice recognition a possiblity?

Been using the app on the iPhone for a while and just got an iPad. I'm surprised at the resolution. It appears to just be the iPhone page scaled up. Not sharp and crisp. Other pages with text, forums, etc are in the native iPad res. When will we see the main music pages upgraded to the higher res of the iPad

Is there any chance of getting alternate chord symbols available for major 7, diminished, etc chords. There is a global substitution corn using either - or m for minor. How about the same thing for diminished (dim), half diminished (m7b5), and major 7 (maj7), chords. The graphic symbols currently used are not as widely used in the USA as in other countries. Many players are not familiar with these.

Otherwise I love it.

Thanks

Burt

Can't we have a melodies add-on as an optional purchase? It's a great tool for us drummers to practice with but it gets very dull without the melodies

Default Melody option.

If both chords and melody are published, the songs are subject to copyright and the 900 included with the app would be worth, what, about $5 each?

It would be great to display guitar chord shapes

Smile Imports midi from files / band in a box or so

If we can't print the melody could it be possible to load our own midi file from an external source than the embedded one ?
    Sources might be midi files ... open the box !
    (ps : great job)

Default Remember the tempo

If I were updating this code, my first new feature would be to make my iPad or iPhone remember, for each tune I play in Player, what tempo, style, key, number of repetitions I set the last time. They would still be changeable in Player, but the default would be whatever I did last.

Optionally, that info could be encoded in the song uploads too, so I could play someone elses tune the same way they intended, then change thoses settings to taste.

But it might be better to leave them as local settings on each persons own machine.

[QUOTE=Steve R;3075... new feature would be to make my iPad or iPhone remember, for each tune I play in Player, what tempo, style, key, number of repetitions I set the last time.[/QUOTE]

Hi Steve, we have something like this in mind but it would have required complete re-design and we wanted to get the basic Player out to you all quickly. We also would have the Mac editor and Web editor to update at the same time so it is quite a big task. Have fun with what we have for now and keep on coming up with more ideas! Thanks for your thoughts.