Thread: The Night Has A Thousand Eyes

Default The Night Has A Thousand Eyes

I figured out how to make it alter the Latin and swing sections, but it only does it for the first chorus - then goes all swing for repeats.

How do I make it keep altering the Latin and swing properly after the first chorus?

Many thanks, as I am a new user.

Quote Originally Posted by resteve View Post
    ...then goes all swing for repeats.
    How do I make it keep altering the Latin and swing properly after the first chorus?
    So far it is designed for Latin/Swing first and last chorus, swing otherwise. I suppose if there was room you could copy/paste the song underneath, then set at 2x (giving you a total of 4 choruses.)

OK and many thanks.

Hopefully, a future upgrade might allow for it to keep the style alterations throughout all choruses.

I figured out how to make it keep alternating Latin/Swing.

All you have to do is take the last measure of the tune and keep adding endings (1st ending, 2nd ending, 3rd, 4th.....). Then, set the actual player to no more than 2x.

For example, I put 5 endings in the form and set the player for 2x (play twice). I got over 8 minutes of Latin/Swing alternating at 240 bpm.

Hope this helps those that are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by resteve View Post
    I figured out how to make it keep alternating Latin/Swing.
    All you have to do is take the last measure of the tune and keep adding endings (1st ending, 2nd ending, 3rd, 4th.....). Then, set the actual player to no more than 2x.
    Yes, thanks for that tip!
    Last edited by dflat; 11-02-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: edited out my comment that was irrelevant

Also remember, the player will recognize the intro [In], the verse [V] and the [A] chorus as Latin (all must be used with a double-bar). So you can "trick" the player, depending on how you avoid the B, C or D. This is useful in those occasional odd tunes like Linus and Lucy where there's only a brief swing section.

[edit] You can put a [B] [C] or [D] anywhere you need to, but if you don't include a double-bar, the player will ignore it and continue playing Latin.
    Last edited by DaleMac; 10-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.