Thread: Printing guitar chords

Default Printing guitar chords

I really miss the feature to print guitar chords. Is it possible when buying the chords add-on??

Quote Originally Posted by cmf View Post
    I really miss the feature to print guitar chords. Is it possible when buying the chords add-on??
    Do you mean you want to print out all the guitar chords as a complete library? currently this is not possible.

No, indeed not. My point is, that when printing sheets for others to read, and you want to be specific on particular chords, it would be a great feature to print the graphics on some chords instead of just D#_add 4/g.....when you want to place the chord on a specific place and not using TAB.

Quote Originally Posted by cmf View Post
    ...it would be a great feature to print the graphics on some chords ...
    Oh you mean is it possible to print the chord diagram with some chords? not possible yet. Thanks for the idea.

I'd LOVE to be able to print a complete "chord form/tab chart" for any given arrangement. It would be extremely helpful to any guitarist not completely fluent with various chord forms and cannot yet follow a chord symbol chart only or the changing chord diagrams when in "play" mode; if you purchased that specific add-on (which I did.) Otherwise, you need to separately write out the forms to practice them, until fluent enough to change with the tune. To be able to pick a tune/progression and have the guitar tab for the chord forms printed in front of you, in addition to the symbols, would be GREAT for learning! Considering there are so many forms for any given chord, one idea to tackle this may be to have a choice as to the actual forms you can print. You could offer options for beginner, intermediate, advanced, arpeggio, triads only, etc. chord form/tab charts. I would be willing to pay for this for certain! Again, it would make this app so much more useful. I hope you can incorporate something along these lines in the not-too-distant future.

Thank you for the suggestion! We will try to make it happen

I agree about the guitar chord add-on. It's impossible to follow the two windows independently to play a song, especially if one wears multiple focus eyeglasses. What would be great for us non-tabs people would be to have the chords scroll along with the names - more sheet music-like.

For me, I would like an option where I could select some, 3 or 4?, of the Guitar chords I need to learn, and have them stay displayed on the IPad. This way, I could 'look-ahead" at the chord.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakRBill View Post
    ... and have them stay displayed on the IPad. This way, I could 'look-ahead" at the chord.
    Both iOS (ipad etc) and Mac versions of iReal b have Chord anticipation settings, so the diagram is shown ahead of playback measures. Set it according to your tempo.
    iOS - Hub>Settings
    Mac - Preferences

currently not available in android version v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Both iOS (ipad etc) and Mac versions of iReal b have Chord anticipation settings, so the diagram is shown ahead of playback measures. Set it according to your tempo.
    iOS - Hub>Settings
    Mac - Preferences

currently not available in android version v2.0

I was hoping for a way of selecting 2,3,or 4 cords to be displayed in a fixed area. that way I could have just cords I need help with.