Thread: Printing to fill page

Red face Printing to fill page

Every thing looks good and I can print successfully. But the charts are long and narrow on the printed page, only using about 2/3 of the page width. Is there any way to make the chart stretch to fill the entire width of the page when printing? It would make the charts easier to read too!

Quote Originally Posted by amor View Post
    Is there any way to make the chart stretch to fill the entire width of the page when printing?
    I presume you are using the Mac editor (as you are posting to the Mac editor forum.)
    Some of the print functions have not been fully implemented (in the current version 0.4.4)

This procedure might work for you (based on Mac editor and Mac OS10.5)
    In Mac editor select File>Page setup and select your normal paper size settings and Scale at 100% as you usually would.

File>Print. Your printer model should be selected at the right as normal. Press the button (bottom left of window) PDF>Open PDF in Preview.

Preview will open. In Tools menu choose, Select tool. Use this tool to drag an area around the chart. (You can let go of the mouse and reposition the selected area using the adjustment dots to outline the chart accurately.)

Choose Tools>Crop.
    Choose File>Print. In the Print window, make sure "Scale each page to fit paper" is selected. Press Print.

The result will look a little blurred around the edges of the printing however.

There are probably other ways to print in the way you want to. I will have a think about it and post here if I come up with anything else.

---------------------------------
    Here is another way to print:
    Mac Snow Leopard (v10.6)
    iReal Book v2.6

from Song view in iReal book, press Send (arrow icon)>As printable image...
    and email it to yourself at your Mac/printer.
    From your email at your Mac, right-click (control-click) on the jpg image of the song and choose Open with Preview. In Preview choose File>Print. There are scale options for scaling to fit (full page) or your own choice of scaling. I usually choose between 120–130% which seems fine to read from.
    Last edited by dflat; 05-04-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: added information relating to 10.6 and irb v2.6

Default Printing "full-page" charts

I have a linux computer system. (not windows, not mac)
    I've emailed a chart jpeg to myself.
    I found that when I click print, I'm given an opportunity to adjust various printing parameters. I played around with the "scale" adjustment and found that at 180% (if I remember correctly) my printer would spit out a full-page chart. Since the file is a jpeg, it's just printing an image rather than text. If it were text, I like to highlight all and select "BOLD" for even better contrast. That said, current results are satisfactory.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I've emailed a chart jpeg to myself...
    yes this would probably be the same as my convoluted method, but easier.
    (and I have done this myself in the past!)

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    I presume you are using the Mac editor (as you are posting to the Mac editor forum.)
    Some of the print functions have not been fully implemented (in the current version 0.4.4)

This procedure might work for you (based on Mac editor and Mac OS10.5)
    In Mac editor select File>Page setup and select your normal paper size settings and Scale at 100% as you usually would.

File>Print. Your printer model should be selected at the right as normal. Press the button (bottom left of window) PDF>Open PDF in Preview.

Preview will open. In Tools menu choose, Select tool. Use this tool to drag an area around the chart. (You can let go of the mouse and reposition the selected area using the adjustment dots to outline the chart accurately.)

Choose Tools>Crop.
    Choose File>Print. In the Print window, make sure "Scale each page to fit paper" is selected. Press Print.

The result will look a little blurred around the edges of the printing however.

There are probably other ways to print in the way you want to. I will have a think about it and post here if I come up with anything else.

---------------------------------
    Here is another way to print:
    Mac Snow Leopard (v10.6)
    iReal Book v2.6

from Song view in iReal book, press Send (arrow icon)>As printable image...
    and email it to yourself at your Mac/printer.
    From your email at your Mac, right-click (control-click) on the jpg image of the song and choose Open with Preview. In Preview choose File>Print. There are scale options for scaling to fit (full page) or your own choice of scaling. I usually choose between 120–130% which seems fine to read from.
    There is an option in 'preview/print' called 'Fill entire page', that works like a charm.