Thread: I'm Stuck in Edit Mode -- can't save and close

Default I'm Stuck in Edit Mode -- can't save and close

I'm editing a tune on IReal Pro on my Ipod and I want to go on to another tune. However when I hit Done and the save and close button appears, it doesn't work so I can't get out of this tune ... any ideas?
    Last edited by char; 09-26-2014 at 11:53 PM.

I ended up backing up the IPod. The I deleted IRealPro. Then restored the Ipod. The tune I was working on is gone but the other ones are there (as far as I can tell) and the Done function now works. Whew! That was scary. Anyone ever had any experiences like this? When IRealPro gets frozen? Thanx.

I've found that my iPad misbehaves when I have too many open apps, probably because the system only has a limited amount of working RAM (1 GB in my iPad Mini Retina). On two occasions, I couldn't get past the opening screen and had to restart the device. Perhaps this is what happened to you (only 256 MB of RAM in the iPod Touch 4th gen, and 512 MB in the iPod Touch 5th gen), or else the tune or iReal Pro somehow got corrupted. Or…perhaps some component in your iPod is starting to fail. Hopefully, this won't happen again. I try to limit the number of open apps by going to the multitasking screen and closing apps I'm not using. This seems to work for me. Of course, this may simply be magical thinking, and I'm fooling myself! Nevertheless, I recommend keeping the number of open apps to a minimum to everyone.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...d-touch-device
    Last edited by Keith88; 09-27-2014 at 09:53 AM.

I tried closing apps and this didn't help the problem. The issue is: after editing, the 'save and close' option is grayed out ... all I can do is cancel and then I can't get out of the edit mode so I have to close the app by going to the multitasking screen. I am imprisoned in edit!!!!
    Another issue which may or may not be related: when I open the program, I get this message ... "Audiobus initialization problem. There was a problem setting up Audiobus communication. Audiobus will be disabled." Please help if you have any ideas at all about these issues. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I tried closing apps and this didn't help the problem. The issue is: after editing, the 'save and close' option is grayed out ... all I can do is cancel and then I can't get out of the edit mode so I have to close the app by going to the multitasking screen. I am imprisoned in edit!!!!
    Another issue which may or may not be related: when I open the program, I get this message ... "Audiobus initialization problem. There was a problem setting up Audiobus communication. Audiobus will be disabled." Please help if you have any ideas at all about these issues. Thanx.
    Please update your iReal Pro in the App Store and all these issues should be resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Please update your iReal Pro in the App Store and all these issues should be resolved
    Thanks Niki ... updating did the trick and now I am out of the Edit Prison!