Thread: Playback jumps to the wrong place

Default Playback jumps to the wrong place

My song has an intro with repeat either end then verse which also has a repeat either end and 1st time and 2nd time markers on the last two bars Of the verse. The Song plays through correctly and then goes to the middle 8 which has a repeat at the end. The player correctly goes back to the beginning of the verse but when it reaches the 1st time marker it jumps over the Last 2 bars and middle 8 to the outro. Plays the outro and then repeats the same sequence again. I am not using any codas or signs and started with a blank sheet.. so the song should go
    Intro v1 v2 m8 v1 v2 m8 outro but instead it goes into v1 v2 m8 v1 to the 1st marker outro v1 v2 m8 etc. Any ideas why.? I have noticed this odd behaviour on some other songs and wonder if i am doing something wrong, there is a bug in the player or difficulty with andriod. I am using galaxy tab 2 10.1 with ice cream sandwhich

It's hard to tell without seeing the song.
    I recommend looking at the Rock and Pop list that contains a number of more "complicated" forms that cover most if not all the possible forms that the player is able to reproduce correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    ... so the song should go
    Intro v1 v2 m8 v1 v2 m8 outro ...
    Are you saying you have a repeat at the end of the middle 8? Delete it. Check there is no repeat at the end of the 2nd time bar, just the first time bar.
    Use rehearsal letters:
    In for the Intro;
    A (not V) for your verse (put your opening repeat there);
    B for middle 8 (no repeat, double barline best)
    Coda sign at the outro.
    Set chorus in the player to 2.

If this does not make sense or you are still having problems, post your song here and someone will look at it - if you are precious about your chord progressions, change a few of them before you upload it, we will only want to check the player behavior.

Many thanks. I will give that a go and if it still gives problems I will post the track. Definitely Not worried about others using it as I must have found at least 50 great songs in this site so will be pleased to contribute

Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    ...Definitely Not worried about others using it ...
    well it will only be the chords, so probably does not mean much in itself, but some people might want to keep their charts, chord progression ideas private.
    I hope you are having fun with it all

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    well it will only be the chords, so probably does not mean much in itself, but some people might want to keep their charts, chord progression ideas private.
    I hope you are having fun with it all
    Its a fantastic app. Its the reason I bought my 10.1 tab.
    The track now runs as it should.
    I have been using band in a box and was wondering about importing the several hundred songs that i have saved there but thankfully quite a few are already on the forum. My only use for band in a box was to create chord sheets and I am definitely not interested in paying several hundred pounds to upgrade it just so that I can download their app specially as ireal does it all!