Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluestacks

Default Bluestacks

Hi all,

So after getting my new PC, one of the first things I did was try to run iReal b with Bluestacks, which is a PC program that runs Android apps. Amazingly, everything functions correctly. I was able to import songs, and the player and editor work. However, there is one nagging problem. When first loading the app, and anytime one returns to the song list, there is annoying popup that says "Licensing Error. Could not verify the license. Suggestions: -Check your internet connection. -Check the status of your order. -Restart your device. -Delete and reinstall the app." You can then either press "Retry" or "Exit." If you press Retry, then you get about 1 second before the error pops up again. But, in that 1 second window, if you click on a song in the playlist, the error stops appearing and you can then go about editing/playing the song as you see fit. But this means that scrolling through the list of songs is ridiculously annoying, because you have to click retry, scroll a little, click retry, scroll a little, etc etc etc.

Any thoughts on what might fix this?

Best,
    Sasha

Hello, I put together a brief video demonstrating how I'm using iRealb in the Win7 environment w/BlueStacks and REAPER. I thought some folks on the forum might be interested: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYxXRNnwu8

enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenz View Post
    Hello, I put together a brief video demonstrating how I'm using iRealb in the Win7 environment w/BlueStacks and REAPER. I thought some folks on the forum might be interested: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYxXRNnwu8

enjoy!
    Hello Steve!
    Great video! Thank you very much! I'm sure that PC owners will be very grateful for your demonstration!
    All the best,
    Niki

Please read this helpful guide
    http://irealpro.com/how-to-use-ireal-pro-on-windows-pc/
    )BOB

((==ORIGINAL POST (from some years ago) ON MY INSTALLATION OF BLUESTACKS, MIGHT BE OUTDATED IN SOME DETAILS==))

Hello all Windows users who want iReal Pro!

I am running iReal Pro in BlueStacks with (almost) no problems.
    Here goes:

Install Bluestacks

Install iReal Pro
    (Google Play is included in BlueStacks - just click the "search" button,
    type "iReal", and choose "Play Store" button - buy, or sign up
    with usual Google account to download free)

Install Dropbox
    (not necessary, integration with Windows is tight for saving files -
    but it's necessary if you also have a handset with your main library of songs)

Install a file manager to access folders shared with Windows from within BlueStacks (I use
    Total Commander; they suggest ES Explorer)

Make music!!

I deleted all content and settings within the app before the import of my extensive library. Got all songs (with a caveat - see below), and all playlists (albeit in alphabetical order).

################################

DISCLAIMER:
    I don't have an Android handset or tablet with which to compare behavior, so all information here is
    FOR BLUESTACKS ON WINDOWS 8.1 & 10 ONLY!!!

#################################

IMPORT OF SONGS:
    Import of songs with a "+" (augmented 5th quality, both triad and +7) creates jumbled layout - everything ok except that each "+" becomes a space, and you lose the augmented chord quality

Somehow my 5442-song library became 5444 songs...I haven't hunted the two extraneous ones down, yet... And it happened again a month later: import creates 2 additional songs: which ones? Who knows...
    Happened again at every import - iRP adds two songs...

SHARING:
    saved files from iReal Pro ("save to disk) go to /storage/sdcard/iRealPro

"sharing" within the app means having access to Windows "save to..." dialogue box, so a file can be placed directly in system without hassle.

EXPORT OF AUDIO:
    On my system perhaps audio isn't what it's supposed to be, so exporting to AAC format produces a slight "burp" at the end of the audio file. Nothing scandalous! ;-)
    [edit: lower the system sound settings for notifications - will go totally silent, but hey...]

At the end of the audio file - after lowering volume - there's a silent tag of 10-15 seconds.

It is not possible to export a LOOP. When you select a measure to start playback by long-press, the song chart expands, and it is not possible to select the "export/share" function.

PDF EXPORT:
    PDFs made on BlueStacks are bigger and wider than the ones made on iPhone, plus they're not as whiter. MAJOR ISSUE: the pdf is exported with the same colors you view on screen (night-mode or modified with color wheel), NOT like on iOS (always white and "as big as chord chart").
    They're also at a lot smaller definition, and they're HUGE compared to iOS exports (1+MB, compared to 50KB). Not an issue, just FYI.
    [EDIT: with BlueStacks 2 (as of January 2016) you can resize the app vertically or horizontally - the PDF export varies accordingly, that is, you get a PDF as big as the Android screen (vertical or horizontal), complete with empty space if there is some]

LICENSE:
    If PC offline, sometimes the app keeps querying internet to "verify license"
    [not sure if relevant, with public release regularly bought on Play Store - I have beta]

################################################## ######################

Hope this helps. I've been enjoying iReal Pro on Windows for some months, now, and am darn happy about it!!!
    Will link to this post from other threads regarding BlueStacks, for more coverage on installation.
    Cheers, and happy playing
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Thank you Kalokagathon

Someone on Youtube posted this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCI...&feature=share
    Bluestacks running iReal Pro, editing, sharing, creating...
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-08-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Copied from a related thread

After 2 hours, this is the comment that got my issue fixed. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by melissacollin View Post
    After 2 hours, this is the comment that got my issue fixed. Thank you!
    Which post in this thread did you think was the most helpful?
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Which post in this thread did you think was the most helpful?
    )BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Please read this helpful guide
    https://techloris.com/using-android-apps-pc/
    )BOB
    This one including the brief video above.

In this post
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...7353#post37353
    Last edited by melissacollin; 01-15-2021 at 03:13 PM.