Thread: Carinhoso - Pixinguinha

Default Carinhoso - Pixinguinha

Here is the choro Carinhoso.
    It's really in 2/4 but I did it in 4/4 because iRealb rythms don't sound very good in 2/4.

Carinhoso - Pixinguinha

Hi Cronban

I have checked out some of your charts. I have a couple of comments.

First, I find the 4/4 meter works best. For the even eighth patterns like samba there are 8 1/8th note high hat hits per measure - like the 8 1/16th note pandeiro hits per 2/4 measure.

Second - I try to spell my chord names so that they correspond functionally to what's going on for example in Carinhosa - the first four bars of the melody are a decorated F tonic major - F/C F+5/C# F6/D etc. (Similar to Ary Barroso's Brazil or the intro to Bolé Bolé). I like to reinforce the harmonic functionality in my charts for improvising.

Here's Carinhosa (in 4) with the intro and the stops in the B section. Hope you enjoy.

Carinhosa (in 4) - Pixinguinha

Hi ! Thank you very much.
    I really like what you do with the chords in Carinhoso. I'm afraid I lack the knowledge for doing such a thing.
    I've only transcribed what was in the books, except for a couple of evident errors and some Pixinguinha tunes that I took from the O Melhor de Pixinguinha book (which I think is better).
    I too think that 2/4 doesn't work for chorinho with the iReal player. I use 2/2 just for aesthetics :-) iReal plays 2/2 exactly the same as 4/4.
    Last edited by Cronban; 01-25-2015 at 11:33 AM.