Thread: PDF open in app no longer sees Brother iPrint

Default PDF open in app no longer sees Brother iPrint

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem too: I've been using iRealb to print chord charts out for my students to take home and work on. I have a Brother wireless printer, which doesn't support Apple's AirPrint functionality, so normally I just export to PDF and use the "open in app" function to open the PDF in Brother's "iPrint&scan" app which then sends it to the printer. Last week this all worked fine. This week the iPrint&Scan app is not listed among the choices to export a PDF to. JPG export still sees the printer app, but PDF export does not. Tried resetting all settings, I've also tried closing all apps, rebooting the ipad, etc, still no dice. Anyone else had this problem?

Have you downloaded an app within the last week that can open PDFs as well? From memory I think only a certain number of apps can list in the Open in (I thought it was around 10.) If you have a PDF-related app that can be deleted, try deleting it.

Nope. I deleted a PDF reader app, then restarted the device. No change, it still doesn't list the Brother app as an option. I did update several existing apps recently, including the newest updates to iRealb and iPrint&scan. Possibly something is broken in the newest version. Next I'm going to try deleting the Brother app and reinstalling it, we'll see if that works...

I have deleted and reinstalled both the iRealb app and the Brother iPrint&scan app. iRealb still does not list iPrint&scan as an available option to open PDF documents. I hope the devs fix this soon. I have a passable workaround, the JPG still opens to the brother app, so for now I'll just use JPG instead of PDF to print these pages - but for convenience sake I hope they fix this in the next update...

if you have a PDF in another app then Open in, does iPrint&scan app list?

I just verified that PDFs open fine with other apps.
    It must be something wrong with Brother iPrint&scan.