Thread: How can I write a song with 64 measures on 2/4 on iReal b editor?

Default How can I write a song with 64 measures on 2/4 on iReal b editor?

I'm trying to write a song (Doce de Coco by Jacob do Bandolim) and it's a 64 measure song. It seems that iReal b editor has a limit of 32 measure per song.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Lucas

for any 'beat' (space) where the cursor is, a barline can be inserted either on the left or right of it. A maximum of 16 measures can be made across a system (however only one chord per measure will fit.)
    I presume you are using the legacy Mac editor, so you will find the barlines in the Create>Barlines menu where the 'opening' barline is made on the left, and the 'closing' on the right of the cursor.
    If you have downloaded the Brazilian playlist here from the forums:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....0156#post10156
    Chega de saudade shows 8 measures per system for instance, or in the 1200 Jazz playlist the song Brazil shows the same.

Tips:
    You can use the chord size set to Small if it helps fit the chords into the smaller measures.
    If long chord qualities are cutoff with barlines they will still play ok when listening to the Player.
    You will see a horizontal gray dotted line in Song edit, but you can still input below this line (with the chords shown a little smaller when viewing the song.)

I hope this helps.

Actually, you can fit 16x12 measures in a song (192). They won't look very good but they will play. If you need to fit chords in a certain way you can make them Small ("chords" section, leftmost picker, S), and put N to make them large. As dflat said, even if visually they don't fit, they will play.
    If you have 64 one-chord measures, all you need are 8 lines (8 measures per line), and it should still look ok.
    The gray dotted line is to show the iPhone screen size - any music written beyond that will make the chart shrink a bit.
    If you post the chart here, we can help you understand and make choices.