Thread: wireless gig setup with apple TV

Default wireless gig setup with apple TV

Thought I would share....

First off, let me say I REALLY like this app. I'm a full time choral director and freelance jazz vocalist/pianist. It is like this app was designed with me in mind! Not sure if this has been covered anywhere else but...

For my classroom I've just created a set up that I plan to also try for an upcoming gig. In my classroom I use it connected to a projector via HDMI.
    I am not crazy about using the 1/8" plug off my iPad and found a workaround - The small plug feels like a practice set up rather than a pro gig set up and I'm afraid that potential for failure in a gig setting is high.

Needs - Apple TV (2 or 3)/ Airport Express ($100 each) interface with optical input (I use an RME fireface) + Ipad2 or 3

1. Create an adhoc wireless network with the airport express. Use a password so no one in the venue tries to join the network and use it without internet access.
    2. Join the adhoc network with the Apple TV and the iPad
    3. Mirror the Ipad to the Apple TV
    4. Optical output from Apple TV to optical input of interface
    5. Interface to PA
    6. My Ipad can sit on the piano or a gig stand with no wires running to the PA and I have had no interuptions.
    7. With a wireless mic, my PA is self contained and no wires on a rock solid system.

Hope this helps someone else.

Love the app!

Phil

Thank you Phil for sharing your set up! I'm sure it's useful for many iReal b users!

Enjoy the app

Niki