Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Belong To Me - Price-King-Stewart

Post You Belong To Me - Price-King-Stewart

Anyone have changes?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-28-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Cool Will these do?

They're probably what bass players would call "trumpet players chords" but it's what i hear!! No doubt you could tart them up a bit!

Actually - there's a couple of versions already up. The F- in bar 5 is undoubtedly better so I revised mine. I think it's clearer than the other two versions. It's a simple song, and needs simple harmonic movement. If you are tempted to make the tonic chord a M7 followed by a 111 -7 (CM7 to Em7) then it all starts to sound a bit samey and loses clarity. It's not that sort of song.

You Belong To Me 1

Default You Belong To Me

er, actually I cant resist having a fiddle, so here's a better (imo) middle 8.

You Belong To Me 1

You Belong To Me (G) - Price-King-Stewart

My ballad version with a few extra changes for fluidity. (For a truer 1950s feel, change the style to Pop 12/8.)
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Dale, gimme a lesson, please, will ya? (I think maybe this is something I used to know how to do, but have forgotten.)

I want to play your arrangements through twice, without using global repeats, and this arrangement does Playback exactly the way I want it to:
    You Belong To Me (G) - Price-King-Stewart

But, does it look right musically? Shouldn't I be using a Coda instead of that final 2nd ending? I can't seem to make that work, though. Whadyathink?

You can tell the player feature to NOT play the turnaround chord(s) on the Final repeat by (in the editor) placing the "END” before the turnaround. In the editor it's red, on the chart, it's invisible.

Because the number of repeats is designated in the player, using a repeat sign as the final bar-sign to replay the form isn't necessary.

By using the "END" function, you can easily control the number of desired form-repeats in the player.
    In the referenced chart, the player must be set to 1 for the form to play twice. (2=4x etc.)

Yes, a coda could be written instead.
    )BOB

You Belong To Me (G) with END - Price-King-Stewart

You Belong To Me (G) with Coda - Price-King-Stewart
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-25-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    ...does it look right musically? Shouldn't I be using a Coda instead of that final 2nd ending...
    Hmm, well I guess you have your reasons to shun the global repeats function. But to answer your question, I'd suggest using a Coda since the other way could be confusing. The files I post to the forum are usually plain vanilla and don't include my personal intros and outros, but here's my full chart with the Coda (and an "End" command - I always write out the final bar with a chord and a fermata, to make sure the Player doesn't misbehave).

You Belong To Me (with my Coda) - Price-King-Stewart

[Edit: But you're right. If you use a Coda, the Player won't make it to that Repeat sign. Sorry, I don't know how to avoid using the global repeats.]
    Last edited by DaleMac; 06-25-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Beautiful, Dale.
    FYI, the player ignores and isn't affected by the Fermata sign (bird’s eye)
    The Fermata is available to provide an artistic suggestion to the performer.
    The END command also will keep the player from adding that bonus-hit after the final bar-sign.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-25-2015 at 02:03 PM.