Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for Blues styles

Default Searching for Blues styles

Hello,

I purchased different styles for Jazz and also download Blues variations from here, but when I load up any of the Blues variation, I still have Jazz as style. I am looking for Blues instead.

Am I misunderstanding something or are there any Blues styles available for iReal?

The "Jazz Styles" are probably too jazzy for what you're looking for. If you get the "Pop Styles" (free with the OSX program, but you'll need to buy them for the iOS app) there's a "Shuffle" and a "12/8" setting. On specific songs (like Jimmy Reed stuff, for example) you might need to edit the bass here and there to stay on the root ( /E ) but if you're looking for a bouncy straight-8 beat (like "Big Boss Man") you're pretty much out of luck. Maybe if enough people request more blues styles, there's always the chance they'll be added to future updates.

Basically I am looking for a normal 12-bar blues with bass going C E G A Bb A G E in I-IV-V chord progression.

So there is no way of creating your own styles?

This is what I am looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpCRVgR4Rs

When I get home I will try out the Shuffle one you mentioned.
    Last edited by artur; 08-06-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artur View Post
    Basically I am looking for a normal 12-bar blues with bass going C E G A Bb A G E in I-IV-V chord progression.

So there is no way of creating your own styles? ...
    iRealb isn't a sequencer, so styles and instrument sounds are limited to what's programmed into the packages. As far as bass lines, like I said, you can edit the scores (to a certain extent) to force the bass to hit specific notes on the beat, but it takes a bit of work:

| C7/C C7/E C7/G C7/A | C7/Bb C7/A C7/G C7/E |

But unfortunately, that also forces the piano/guitar to play on the beat too. So, hopefully, you'll like the Shuffle the way it is in the Pop package.
    Last edited by DaleMac; 08-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.

I've uploaded an example of what I'm talking about with the bass notes:

http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....1363#post11363

I hope you enjoy it

I didn't have time yesterday to try out the pop shuffle, but will do that today. And thanks for your link. As you described to turn off the piano, that is exactly what I want to do, to play my own piano and have percussion and bass/guitar in the background.

The reason why I got iReal was to emulate the session partner found in more expensive digital pianos, mine doesn't have such.

I wish iRealb had been around 5 or 6 years ago. I forked out a couple thousand dollars for a Yamaha Motif to replace my aging Ensoniq gear. I have yet to figure out the sequencer on the Motif - it would be easier to land a rover on Mars! Anyway, I hope iRealb will suit your needs like it does for about 90% of what I wanted.

Default Blues style request

Artur asked about blues styles some time ago. I would also appreciate some blues styles. These might be more helpful to jazz players (like myself) than, say, pop styles.

Jeff Shapiro

Quote Originally Posted by artur View Post
    Hello,

I purchased different styles for Jazz and also download Blues variations from here, but when I load up any of the Blues variation, I still have Jazz as style. I am looking for Blues instead.

Am I misunderstanding something or are there any Blues styles available for iReal?

UPDATE

iReal Pro 8 is finally here and it's a huge update for iOS, Mac and Android.
    - 12 new Blues accompaniment styles available as a one-time In-App purchase.
    )BOB

I purchased the Blues styles yesterday for $3.99 but don't see the associated music sheets. Are they included. If so, where do I find them. Thank you in advance.