Thread: MusicXML Export is not readable in Sibelius 7

Default MusicXML Export is not readable in Sibelius 7

Title says it all. I saved a piece as MusicXML and imported into Sibelius. Received this:

This is not a MusicXML file and cannot be loaded. content of element kind does not match its type definition: String content is not listed in the enumeration facet.

If you need to talk to Sibelius, good luck, Avid, in its infinite greed - er, wisdom, sorry, just fired the entire programming staff.

We have tested many charts and they work fine.
    Is it only one particular chart or all of them has the error message when you try to open them?
    If it's only one, please forward it to us and we will check it out.

Default Here's the offending chart, can't post PDFs

Joe's Beemer

Never mind, the PDFs are 29K, and the system will only allow 19. You'll hve to generate them yourself, but basically they are all diamond-head single mid-staff 'notes' with chord symbol above.

I think I found the problem, the N.C. in bar 7 and 8 display in red as "CNmiCmi" in both bars. And the Gm7 2 bars before B appears correct in the display, but could have been type-edited in the past; is your text field delete clearing everything?

That's all I have, if you want more, just ask. Thanks.
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 08-06-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: files too large to upload