Thread: PLease Help---Update to Ipad 2 completely wiped irealb app

Default PLease Help---Update to Ipad 2 completely wiped irealb app

HI I just did the latest update to ipad 2. And when it finished the irealb was missing. I have even gone to itunes and checked my purchases. I don't see it as a purchased app anymore.

However when my iphone is attached to the Imac computer , and itunes is opened, it is showing ireal be as a File Sharing app.

As well , when my iphone is attached to the Imac computer, all of the apps on the iphone are there, but they are Greyed Out. I can't scroll through them either.

Once I click on "Sync Apps" many of the apps disappear, including the irealb. The one's that remain are no longer greyed out.

Any ideas how I can retrieve my irealb for my ipad? Without having to buy it again?

Many thanks.

Jeff Harrison

Ok I think I have found a partial, but not perfect solution.

I went to Itunes In iTunes, under File, select Transfer purchases from "Your Device Name".

So I am now downloading all previous purchases into itunes. Seems to be working. I hope I can sync my Ipad with all of these apps .

Hello Jeff,
    if you 'buy' iReal b again directly on your iPad 2 with the same iTunes account name, it will download for free. If you purchased any in-app purchases (like the style packs etc.) then you can restore them - Hub>Store, Restore purchases.
    If you have songs on your iPhone's iReal b, you can backup in the Hub to email and send it to your ipad.

HI dflat, so you say if I purchase the app again through iTunes, iTunes will automatically know that I have purchased it previously? And it won't charge me? Just wondering.
    Thanks for the reply
    jeff

yes.
    Just note that there are two iReal b apps, one for iOS and one for Mac computers. These are different purchases as they are coded for different OSs, but essentially the same app in what it does. Once purchased the first time they are free if you need to download it again.