Thread: imac and macbook

Default imac and macbook

I just purchase ireal for android before realising there is a version for macs.

Question, I have an imac in the studio for practise and a macbook I use for gigs. Do I need to buy 2 license or can I install on both. I never use both at the same time as I am a one man sax band?

If you buy the Mac version, you can download it for both computers as long as you use the same account that you used for the original purchase.

Enjoy the app!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    If you buy the Mac version, you can download it for both computers as long as you use the same account that you used for the original purchase.

Enjoy the app!
    Niki is right. As for me, i purchased the 5-computer version of ireal...

But if I have bought the iPad version, can I use it in iMac ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daskren View Post
    But if I have bought the iPad version, can I use it in iMac ?
    You have to buy the iOS and Mac versions separately. The app stores are separate although presumably under your one Apple account. The code between each is related, but is not the same (different layouts, menus etc.) so they have their own development time, costs, testing etc.
    Song files and playlists can be transferred from one to the other (and to/from our android version.)

Ok, tried to e-mail an iReal file I created on my iPad vers. of iReal, e-mailed as an iReal app to my friend who has iReal on his MacBook, but he couldn't get it into his iReal on his Mac. We tried clicking on the link within his e-mail program, Safari said it couldn't open the file/program, so then we saved the file to his Desktop, tried to open it using the File-Open command in iReal, that didn't work (file name was greyed out), tried to just drag it into the song list, nothing worked. What are we doing wrong? Thanks, MCJazzer

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    Ok, tried to e-mail an iReal file I created on my iPad vers. of iReal, e-mailed as an iReal app to my friend who has iReal on his MacBook...
    Does your friend have the latest version of iReal b installed?
    (currently v2.8)
    If so, then you could try another email address or email application, sometimes the song code can get corrupted.

An alternative is for you to upload the song or playlist to our Sandbox here at the forum. It is a temporary place for transferring songs to others (we delete the posts from time to time) and your friend can download from there.

Thanks, will try those suggests, when he & I get together (I kind of have to hold his hand thru this stuff).