Thread: Beginner question

Default Beginner question

hi there

I added two different chords in a bar but when I press play it says they're not positioned correctly

tried some more ways but didn't work

thanks for the support

Post your problem song here.

here you go

Rain Rain

also is there a clear tutorial of how to insert/edit chords and edit the score? and how every button on the editor work/affects the score and its clear function?
    I've read the manual but to be honest it's not clear nuff (the layout is also slightly different from the OSX version)...I checked the related video but without words honestly it wasn't clear nuff again...
    my main questions are whether the score has a grid, how it considers the spacing (if it does) and consequently how do you place multiple chords (still not able to do that, keeps telling me wrong positioning and I don't have a clue why), also how to set the length of the chord, how to delete multiple bars at once, how to preview a group of bars in the score and so forth..
    not having a grid or a clue on how the score is actually divided or how the editor "thinks" is a bit disorienting since it doesn't seem to work in an intuitive way .. once time signature is set, for example, is that grey cursor indicating a single beat?

thanks for the support
    Last edited by sweebutt; 07-19-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Hi Sweebutt,
    I looked at your chart, good job!
    The only problem is that your song is in 4/4 so there has to be 4 spaces/beats in 1 bar. The error message says that bar 7 has an incorrect spacing. If you check it, it has only 3 spaces so it seems like it goes to 3/4. Is the second chord coming on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th beat? The same in bar 25 and bar 27. I corrected it without knowing where your second chords were coming (put them on the 3rd beat) just to show you the concept. I hope it helps.
    Rain Rain 1

To select multiple bars, click on the first beat you want to delete and select it with the cursor and then command+X.
    Also you can check out many tunes in iReal Pro and see how they were edited.
    Good luck
    Last edited by Niki; 10-29-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Removed old link

thanks for the help

so, once the time signature is set, those grey bars are the actual beats. cool

cheers m8

2 little questions:

is there a way to play a specific bar anywere in the song editor to check if it sounds correctly?

is it possible to write a chord with a different root like C/E?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sweebutt View Post
    2 little questions:

is there a way to play a specific bar anywere in the song editor to check if it sounds correctly?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by sweebutt View Post
    is it possible to write a chord with a different root like C/E?

thanks!
    Yes.

Cheers.