Thread: Noites Cariocas - Jacob do Bandolim

Default Noites Cariocas - Jacob do Bandolim

Default Noites Cariocas (Jacob do Bandolim)

This is a famous choro song. I make it close to the original recorded in 1960 by Jacob do Bandolim.
    There's already a nice and jazzy version in this forum, but this is simple and easy-to-play version.

Noites Cariocas (Jacob do Bandolim) - Jacob Bittencourt

Default Yet another Noites Cariocas

i tried to add stops and more bass movement - and put in the turnaround in bars 15-16 that my friend from Brasillia plays

Noites Cariocas - Jacob do Bandolim

Really nice! Thank you!
    I like choros very much. I play them all the time, but I've never played with "humans". My band is iRealb. And some Play-along tracks...
    I really appreciate your uploads.
    cronban

There is an intensive choro workshop at Centrum in Port Townsend, WA. I think it's the last week of April. Many of the instructors fly up from Brasil - and are very supportive and knowledgable. Jovino Santos Neto is the flute instructor - he's a great pianist as well. I believe Anat Cohen will be there again for clarinet instruction.

Here on the left coast - I mainly play jazz piano - also with a group specializing in sambas and bossas. Starting to branch out into choro. I've been using iRP to practice melodica soloing. My chordal ear helps with the bass lines.

Cheers,
    Larry