Thread: Ipad goes to sleep in middle of song

Default Ipad goes to sleep in middle of song

As I'm practicing using the app the IPad screen will go black and the display goes to sleep. Music keeps playing but I can no longeer follow the changes. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Try to change your settings, Display sleep menu.
    There are several options from 1 minutes to never.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    As I'm practicing using the app the IPad screen will go black and the display goes to sleep. Music keeps playing but I can no longeer follow the changes. Is there a way to stop that from happening?
    that should no be happening.
    Is your iPad jailbroken?
    Can you try and restart your device?

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    that should no be happening.
    Is your iPad jailbroken?
    Can you try and restart your device?
    Well, I bought it new and haven't done anything to it, so I don't think it's jailbroken, unless I don't know what it really means.

Not doing it today, i set the settings to autolock after ten minutes and it seems to be okay today. Seems like it's inconsistent, tho.

I set the autolock to ten minutes, seems to be not be doing it today, although it seems like I was able to practice unintererupted for a few days and then it started going to sleep on me. Fingers crossed.

I've nearly the same problem with my iphone. While working on a new song the display went black. Ich can hear the song but can't follow the chords. I don't know how to restart the app. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Schierschke View Post
    I've nearly the same problem with my iphone. While working on a new song the display went black. Ich can hear the song but can't follow the chords. I don't know how to restart the app. What can I do?
    If it is black, what happens if you push the Home button at the bottom, middle. Does it wake up again?

You can quit the app:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137
    then open iReal b again.

Also restart your phone.

You guys were having this problem in Oct 2012 probably with IOS 6.
    It's now Feb 2014 and My iPad is doing it out of the blue with IOS 7.
    ..strange it doesn't seem to be a very common problem and it seems the mystery was never solved.
    It just stopped going to sleep for the folks in 2012…. I guess?

For me it started when I deleted a playlist and then reimported it with new edits via email.

I deleted the playlist again then powered off to see if it resets something and for some bizarre reason I couldn't get signed into iCloud so it looks like I'll have to reset the password.
    That seemed to have worked but when I reimported the same playlist it started going to sleep again.
    This is weird.

Powered off again. This time I was able to get into the iCloud and so far it's not going to sleep… fingers crossed .

Well the next day at my gig it did it again.
    I didn't have time to try and find the sleep settings so I just powered it off and then restarted .
    It seemed to work but I still don't know what is going on.
    Last edited by Bobsax; 02-03-2014 at 04:26 AM.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by modifying the Auto-Lock setting on your iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy01212 View Post
    I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by modifying the Auto-Lock setting on your iPhone.
    In theory it should not sleep if you have a song chart in view. (It should sleep if you have the Song library or Settings page etc. showing instead).
    You can test by selecting a very short sleep time as a test.
    Try a reboot.
    Otherwise: Back up songs (iReal Pro Settings > Backup), uninstall the app, reinstall (then restore songs from your backup).