Thread: Guitar Jack 2 on iPad to play along with iRealb?

Default Guitar Jack 2 on iPad to play along with iRealb?

I have an iPad and a Guitar Jack 2 and would like to be able to play along with my iRealb and monitor my bass via the headphone out on the GJ2 for the ultimate in portability when I have to travel light. But I have not been able to figure out how to have the GJ2 running and IRealb together. I can use one or the other but not both simultaneously. Does anybody know how to make this work on the iPad?

Not sure what Guitar Jack 2 is but if it's anything like iRig or Apogee Jam you should be able to make it work with iReal b.
    Look in the settings of iReal b for Background Audio and next to it you'll see a button that will show detailed instructions.

Thanks for the quick reply massimobio! I'll give that a try in a couple hours when I get home. Here's a link to the GJ2 so you can see what it is. I like it so far but will like it a whole lot better if I can make it work with iRealb without having to run everything to an external mixer. I'm hoping to just plug into the iPad, put on headphones, and be able to play, practice, and compose.

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/guitarjack/

No go so far. Looks like Studio Track, which is the app that enables the Guitar Jack interface, does not support background audio. I'm going to see if I can get the question answered on the Sonoma Wire Works forum.