Thread: Can a group of bars/chords be copy and pasted then transposed without effecting..

Default Can a group of bars/chords be copy and pasted then transposed without effecting..

Can a group of bars/chords be copy and pasted then transposed without effecting the rest of the song?
    ex
    I have a sequence of chords for a bass exercise that take up one line.
    I copy and pasted that line on the line below but can't figure out how to transpose it.
    Is it possible?
    thanx

no not possible at the moment.
    But you could try copy and paste between two song edits. Copy the bars to a new song, Set and transpose to the new key, copy then return to Song edit on the original song and paste. This should work. (Delete the interim song.)

You could even do that with one song.
    Copy the 4 bars.
    transpose the song.
    Paste the 4 bars from the pasteboard (original key) below the transposed one.
    transpose the song.
    Paste the 4 bars from the pasteboard

Funny how (for me at least) I step away from IRB for a few months and forget all the tricks I used to know.

Any new features regarding transposing ?

I thought I had figured out a way to do this without changing key all the time. Maybe it was the advent of the practice feature that made it not as big a deal.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc