Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows version?

As an avid daily iRp user myself, I think perhaps the most useful "feature" of iRp is its convenient portability.

I’m excited to have thousands of transposable chord charts in my pocket along with the versatile player feature. I can instantly use and share my charts anywhere with my smartphone or tablet.

I researched current OS market share for portable devices:

Android: 76.24%
    IOS: 22.48%
    Windows: 0.17%

While I’m sure that Windows users would enjoy having iReal pro ported to their devices, I can’t conclude that a Windows version would be either cost or time effective to develop and support.

iReal pro and the Forums are used everywhere in the world where there's internet. iRp compatible devices are inexpensively available. Even if you have a preference for Windows, I hope you find that the usefulness of iReal pro makes getting a compatible portable device well worth it.

I frequently see folks at jam sessions sharing charts across the jam circle/bandstand (airdrop/email)

https://www.facebook.com/irealproapp...type=3&theater
    Let's play!
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-01-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Default windows integration

please.... please... please!!!!!!
    when could we use ireal on windows? i love this app on ipad and on iphone from years, but i wait for the windows extension! i can't buy also the android version of the app and use it on a emulator... two licences for the same app is too expensive
    help me please!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-19-2021 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dollysaxdolly View Post
    when could we use ireal on windows? ... two licences for the same app is too expensive...
    Hello, we have no plans currently to develop a Windows version sorry. If we did, it would be a separate purchase anyway, because we would have to develop, code, test on various Windows hardware including computers and touchscreens.
    We are awaiting developments of Windows 11 which will eventually include support for Android apps through the Amazon App Store. Again, this would require a purchase should we decide to sell iReal Pro there.

We have a number of users running Android emulators. BlueStacks v5 (currently in beta) (installing the variant, Android Pie OS) seems to run the new version of iReal Pro well from the reports we have had.

After your one-time purchase for an OS platform (iOS or Android or Mac), we update iReal Pro several times a year, each year for free, each update with new features.
    If you think you will be using iReal Pro on your Android devices for a few hours a week over several years, while receiving free updates during that time, then the purchase price might not seem too high for the benefits you get.

It seems that IRP can be installed on Windows 11 as is, an Android app. Will we be required to buy IRP again?

Just checked my PC. I guess IRP would have to be put in the Amazon app store.
    Last edited by raymb1; 11-11-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    It seems that IRP can be installed on Windows 11 as is, an Android app. Will we be required to buy IRP again?

Just checked my PC. I guess IRP would have to be put in the Amazon app store.

Please review the post preceding yours.
    )BOB

Default iReal Pro for Windows?

Any updated plans for iReal Pro for Windows? I don't see any mention on this site, and some older forum posts say it's not in development. So I was very surprised to see this offered, "iReal Pro for PC and Mac"; https://pcmacstore.com/en/app/409035833/ireal-pro .

I've gotten iReal Pro running on my Windows machine, using the BlueStacks emulator. It works OK, but a native Windows version would be much better.

A Windows version someday ? I'm back on Windows this time, with no plans to have a Mac soon ;-(
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-23-2022 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

After re-purchasing the IRP Amazon Android app to run on Windows 11, I discovered that I can't import my song catalog or any playlists from my iPad. While I find IRP indispensable as a gigging musician, I have to say the file management, backups, and syncing have not substantially improved at all in the nearly 10 years I've been using it. It is simply terrible, and it has always been so. I understand the developers are Mac guys that are musicians and not really programmers, but please at least spend some time making it easier to edit & manage our songs and playlists. Poking around the app with a finger on an iPad or phone is no way to manage 2,500 songs.

Quote Originally Posted by bbchops View Post
    After re-purchasing the IRP Amazon Android app to run on Windows 11, I discovered that I can't import my song catalog or any playlists from my iPad. While I find IRP indispensable as a gigging musician, I have to say the file management, backups, and syncing have not substantially improved at all in the nearly 10 years I've been using it. It is simply terrible, and it has always been so. I understand the developers are Mac guys that are musicians and not really programmers, but please at least spend some time making it easier to edit & manage our songs and playlists. Poking around the app with a finger on an iPad or phone is no way to manage 2,500 songs.
    Read this
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...a-testing-only

You can quickly import non-guidelines-compliant playlists from iOS or android devices there.
    Be sure to follow the instructions.

Or, I understand there are ways to take a iRp “backup” from another of your existing iRp devices and install it in your new Win11 iRp.
    For help with your specific situation, send the details to support@irealpro.com
    )BOB

I personally have no problem handling 4500+ songs with my Android phone. Actually, I edit much faster with my phone than with my tablet, because the distance to navigate across the screen is shorter. Also, I can edit anywhere and anytime with my phone. But I can understand some people feel more comfortable with a PC with mouse and physical keyboard