Thread: Making a Style the default for a playlist

Default Making a Style the default for a playlist

Hello Guys.

Massively digging this. Maybe someone can help me with one issue.
    Is there a way to set a particular style as the default for a playlist?

For instance - if I have a playlist 'Gypsy Swing / Jazz' for gypsy jazz songs - can I set the style to automatically be 'Gypsy Jazz' whilst keeping the songs original tempo instead of having to select it each time and save it as new version? Most of the songs I have imported seem to have the basic Jazz style

cheers

T

Hi Tuesday, welcome.
    No, there is no way to set styles automatically for a playlist. And though key settings are different from playlist to playlist (you can set a song in one PL in C, and in another PL in Db - handy if you work with singers), styles are retained across lists.
    I would suggest you duplicate songs if you need to change styles in the same song for gigging.
    Once set, though, styles remain set until you change them. Unfortunately, key settings and style settings are lost when exported or sent to someone by mail.
    Last edited by Kalokagathon; 04-29-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Thanks man - it would be a useful feature to add right? And hopefully quite simple.

cheers

T

Kalokagathon, I had no idea different playlists would retain the individual settings. I always just set up once, find the tempo/arrangement and don't change it again. If I want a different version, I copy, rename and save as a new tune set up the new version play it till it starts and I'm good to go - Green Dolphin LS, GS Sw, GD Smooth, etc. But this is a LOT simpler, thanks for the tip.

Default Any progress in adding this as a feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    Hello Guys.

Massively digging this. Maybe someone can help me with one issue.
    Is there a way to set a particular style as the default for a playlist?

For instance - if I have a playlist 'Gypsy Swing / Jazz' for gypsy jazz songs - can I set the style to automatically be 'Gypsy Jazz' whilst keeping the songs original tempo instead of having to select it each time and save it as new version? Most of the songs I have imported seem to have the basic Jazz style

cheers

T
    I would like to be able to change the whole playlist into different styles. Please consider adding this as a feature.