Thread: Suggestions (iPad)

Default Suggestions (iPad)

Hi,
    Thanks for the great app! I grew up on the real book and am glad to see this.

Usability:
    I'd like to see a play/pause button in a dedicated place on the screen. Having to click to open a "play toolbar" to access the play button is really awkward. This button gets pressed more than any other.

It's frustrating that the only time I can see the guitar tabs is while the song is playing. I'd like to be able to highlight or select a difficult bar and see those chords, review them and then play the song.

The editor on the iPad has the full qwerty keyboard yet the only time you need the majority of those keys is when you type into the text field. The iOS keyboard could appear on demand in those instances. You'd could then give more space to things like common chord qualities, rests, etc.

I'm finding it odd that the editor has a "back" button that selects the previous chord but no "next" button. When I'm writing, I more often than not want to skip to the next chord position (assuming 4/4 time) as I tend to write forwards.

Chords:
    I'm studying guitar now and am working through Mickey Baker's jazz guitar book.
    I'm finding that some of the chords and tab patterns aren't supported. For example: G^6 and D13b5b9.
    Additiinally, many of the chord patterns in his book aren't supported in irb.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Telebaster View Post
    I'd like to see a play/pause button in a dedicated place on the screen. Having to click to open a "play toolbar" to access the play button is really awkward. This button gets pressed more than any other.
    While it is playing, you can tap-hold on a bar and it will stop playing. Also you can tap-hold on a specific bar, tap the arrow to start playing from that bar.

It's frustrating that the only time I can see the guitar tabs is while the song is playing. I'd like to be able to highlight or select a difficult bar and see those chords, review them and then play the song.
    Tap on the guitar chord as it is playing and it will pause for you, showing you other possibilities. Tap again to resume playing.
    Also Hub>Guitar Chords shows the complete library of diagrams.

The editor on the iPad has the full qwerty keyboard yet the only time you need the majority of those keys is when you type into the text field. The iOS keyboard could appear on demand in those instances. You'd could then give more space to things like common chord qualities, rests, etc.
    Tapping on the Quality button brings up all the programmed possibilities of chord qualities. There are many of these so are currently in the long list. Many can be input via the keyboard, for instance:
    - for minor
    b for flat
    o for dim.
    sus for sus
    add for add

I'm finding it odd that the editor has a "back" button that selects the previous chord but no "next" button. When I'm writing, I more often than not want to skip to the next chord position (assuming 4/4 time) as I tend to write forwards.
    There is a Next button where Return would be on a normal computer keyboard. Also you can tap on any beat to move there.

I'm studying guitar now and am working through Mickey Baker's jazz guitar book.
    I'm finding that some of the chords and tab patterns aren't supported. For example: G^6 and D13b5b9.
    Additiinally, many of the chord patterns in his book aren't supported in irb.
    You will find many guitar diagrams missing from iReal b. There are thousands out there (as you are aware) so ours are only representative of what are used. It would be difficult to support specific books.

BTW, there are many guitar apps available with chord diagrams, but one that might be useful is Guitar Charts Creator (however I have not used it yet.)

There are Tutorials in Hub>Support that might be useful and the website has other support information.

Thanks for your ideas and post.