When I go to purchase app on the phone in the market, it comes up with "Error - An error occurred. Please try again." Obviously trying again doesn't work

I have downloaded all updates (PRL, Firmware, Software). I also tried downloading from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iolcati.irealb . It lists the correct device, says it is compatible. I try to download on the computer and it either freezes on "loading..." or gives a similarly generic error message.

I went to Sprint tech support and verified over the phone that my account is authorized for premium content, we did a refreshing of my account, removing the battery and rebooting the phone, etc. Still not working. The tech support rep even tried it on a different model Android phone of hers, and she got an error with code "DF_PFA-02" saying something about "cannot reach the server". It is her suggestion that the problem is on the provider end.

Ultimately, I want to pay you $10.00 for the app because I know it will be valuable for me. Please help me...!

-Jonathan