Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chord changes on half beats/up beats

Quote Originally Posted by Davecan View Post
    I tried this method and it seems to have worked, but now I don't know how to get the edited midi file back into iRealPro.
    Currently iReal Pro does not import midi files. You would have to use a midi player to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Currently iReal Pro does not import midi files. You would have to use a midi player to play it.
    Darn. And with the non-standard drum map, I imagine that, realistically, this would be difficult.

Please, please enable chord changes on the "ands" of beats. I, for one, would pay extra for it and it would make this app by far the best of its kind.

I'm interested in using Irealb to create charts to be read by live musicians. I think changing time signatures would cause confusion.(and possible tears!) Is there a way of indicating that the chord falls on an offbeat, or a curved line to show it is anticipated, possibly even in the Text field?

Sharon I share your concern. Keep me posted if you find a solution.

In the library there's a version of "Fantasy" from Earth, Wind&Fire wich has also 16th chord changes and they're notated too! How the hell it could have been done?

Quote Originally Posted by loostitorquise View Post
    In the library there's a version of "Fantasy" from Earth, Wind&Fire wich has also 16th chord changes and they're notated too! How the hell it could have been done?
    The rhythm notation is only for info, it has no effect on the player. Users have figured out various ways to indicate rhythm. As the app has evolved, certain "special characters" are no longer accepted by the text feature in the chart editor.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by Josh729 View Post
    I have been trying to figure out how to insert a chord change on the half beat or the "and" of the beat. Is this possible? Thank you!
    Looks like this is an ancient problem! I just bought the app today and immediately ran in to the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Poppamies View Post
    Looks like this is an ancient problem! I just bought the app today and immediately ran in to the same problem
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...request-survey

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    The rhythm notation is only for info, it has no effect on the player. Users have figured out various ways to indicate rhythm. As the app has evolved, certain "special characters" are no longer accepted by the text feature in the chart editor.
    )BOB

Where to find those special characters to indicate the kicks for the chords. I dont care about the player . It is the way musicians play it correctly is my concern There is also a song called Moonlighting by Al Jarreau which was written with kicks
    Where could we find those characters to add to the top part till the developers realize that it is one of the most needed features on a jazz chart ???

Quote Originally Posted by urazyjazzy View Post
    Where to find those special characters to indicate the kicks for the chords. I dont care about the player . It is the way musicians play it correctly is my concern There is also a song called Moonlighting by Al Jarreau which was written with kicks
    Where could we find those characters to add to the top part till the developers realize that it is one of the most needed features on a jazz chart ???

More discussion here:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...hythm-notation
    )BOB