Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss of search function

Default Loss of search function

When I first log onto the app, I have a search box with alphabets on the right. After searching once or twice, the search box and alphabet disappears and I'm left with having to manually flick through songs to get to the ones I want. This really slows down things.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling, but have the same problem. Help!

Roger

What device are you on?
    What version of iReal b are you running?

Hi HJE,
    if you're using iOS, just to be sure:
    - search function is at top of SONG and COMPOSER lists, and usually appears when you pull down the list (like in Calendar or Notes... it's a system-wide setting, IF there's a search box - not every app has one).
    - in the Style and Playlists lists, there are NO letters on the side, and NO search box...

Maybe you already checked, but your post was poor in information, so I thought I'd make sure you know these things

Hope you get the problem solved...
    Cheers
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Default Search

I have an iPad 2. Not sure which version, but just reinstalled the app last night

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisonjazzensemble View Post
    When I first log onto the app, I have a search box with alphabets on the right. After searching once or twice, the search box and alphabet disappears and I'm left with having to manually flick through songs to get to the ones I want. This really slows down things.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling, but have the same problem. Help!

Roger

Yes, you're right. I lose the search function on the jazz 1200 list, and end up flicking through all those tunes to get the song I want. I never had it on styles and playlists.

What version of iReal b do you have?

Default Version

where does one find the data on the version of iReal?

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post

Default Version

The version is 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post

The full info is 4.1 .2 (966)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisonjazzensemble View Post
    Yes, you're right. I lose the search function on the jazz 1200 list, and end up flicking through all those tunes to get the song I want. I never had it on styles and playlists.
    Hello Roger,
    could you check this... if you got the 1200 jazz standards playlist from the forum, then they will be in two lists.
    One is the Song index (which shows all songs you have) and this list has the search field at the top above letter A (and you will see the word Songs top left)
    The other list these songs will be in is its own playlist, called Jazz 1200. If you are viewing this list, there will be no search field (nor alphabet on the right) as Kalokagathon said, and each song will have a number preceding its title (you will see the word Playlists top left.)

We need to be sure you are trying to find the Search field in Song index (where it should be) and not in Playlist.
    Thanks.