Thread: How to send (edit) songs (from irb to editor)

Default How to send (edit) songs (from irb to editor)

How do i edit songs from ireal book with the editor? There are tunes i would like to edit that are already in ireal book but would like to do so with editor. Do i have to rewrite the entire song to do that or does the iphone synch somehow to editor. i use snow leopard. thanks
    Last edited by dflat; 12-04-2009 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Admin edit: changed title to be more descriptive

Quote Originally Posted by pickups View Post
    How do i edit songs from ireal book with the editor?
    You have to email it to yourself from iReal book—tap the song, tap the send arrow at the bottom, tap 'To other iphone/ipod', email to yourself. Pick it up on your Mac's email—click on the song name and it will open in Mac editor.
    As always, make sure you have the current versions of both, currently
    Mac editor v0.4.4
    iReal Book v2.4

Default Use Playlist for multiple send

if you have a few songs you need to edit, make a specific playlist with them all in. Once you have finished, tap on the Playlists button to list all your playlists, tap on this playlist (to view your list of songs needing editing), tap on the Send button at the bottom and email it to yourself (by selecting To other iPhone/iPod.)
    When you click on the playlist in your Mac's email, it will open all songs individually in the Editor.
    Last edited by dflat; 12-05-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: edited for clarity of procedure

When I send a chart from iRB to my email (gmail) on my PC, the link is not active. I notice the same thing when I email from the on-line editor to gmail. The link is not active on the PC copy, but is on the iTouch gmail copy. So I can go from editor to iTouch okay, but not the other way around.

Just for grins, I sent one from iRB on iTouch to my regular email account and opened it with Thunderbird. The link worked properly and I could copy and import the link back into the editor. So it looks like a gmail problem.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Bumgarner; 02-23-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Default irb song files and gmail

Hi Craig,

when I copy a tune link in the email box on the web editor,
    I right click and select copy link location.

When I paste it into the body of an email I want to send (like from my hotmail account) it doesn't look like a link. It looks something like this:

irealbook://New%20Song=Composer%20Unknown=Medium%20Swing=C=n=% 5b%2aAT44C%5e7%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20 %20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7 c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%5d%5b%2aB%20%20%20%20 %7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%2 0%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20%20%20%7c%20%20% 20D%5d%20

(just a random chart file I used for test purposes, only the first C and last D displayed)

I emailed it to my gmail account and it still looks like a field of random text. Not a link.

When I highlight and copy the above text and paste it into the import window of the web editor, it opens the chart just fine.

The iPod (with irb installed) apparently recognizes the irb file, displays it as a link, and when you tap it, it opens the chart in the irb app.

Hope that is helpful to you,
    BOB

Yeah, that works. Thanks!

Bob, BTW, thanks for all those great GJ charts!

Craig