Thread: Strange problem with reverb/FX

Default Strange problem with reverb/FX

Hi, I just replied to a post on the Mac OS forum about a problem with the FX slider, but this is a very strange issue I'm having with the iPhone and iPad versions.

I use iReal b v. 4.1.2 on both the iPhone 4 and 1st gen iPad.

I have been playing through a couple of powered speaker systems for a year, no problems. When I adjust the FX slider, it does what it is supposed to do: change the level of reverb. The volume has never been affected.

Today, I plugged into an Alto Truesonic TS112A powered speaker for the first time. When plugged into the Alto speaker, when I adjust the FX slider it acts as a volume control, and reverb sounds like it is always at maximum. I tried playing iReal b using both my iPhone and iPad and I get the same thing. It looks like isax is having the same problem using iReal b for Mac, but he doesn't say what amplification he is using: isax post here

Now, I know what some of you are thinking...the Alto speaker has built-in reverb...but it does not. And, I can plug my iPad into a Line 6 HD500 board and run that plus my guitar into the Alto, and the FX slider works as it should.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks
    Jon
    Last edited by joneadgbe; 03-04-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Is it possible iReal b is sending a midi controller message that the Alto recognizes?

Hi Smith, I don't see how, the Alto does not have any midi functions. Thanks for the thought though.

Regards,
    Jon

I have this problem too. The reverb fader works fine if listening over the internal speaker of my iPad but when I plug it (via the headphone jack) into a mixer the reverb fader controls the output level and reverb is always on. Any suggestions from anyone.