Thread: how can I changes rhythms within a song

Default how can I changes rhythms within a song

ala A Night in Tunisia, from "latin" to swing, and back?

It is normally not possible to change the style within a song. However, you are in luck, for there is a special style for latin/swing in the jazz style pack. It is called "latin/swing". I think it automatically reads the A in latin and the B in swing, but only in the first and last chorus (that is to say for the theme, the chorus being played in a swing feel on both A and B). Be careful to use the little A and B in your chart so that the player can read it correctly!

Best,

Naellita

Also check-out Swing 2/4 and the Cuban Cha Cha.
    )BOB

I suspect the answer is no but is it possible to reverse this? I'm working on Unit 7 which has a Swinging A section and a Latin B section for the head and then reverts to swing entirely for the solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbyco View Post
    I suspect the answer is no but is it possible to reverse this? I'm working on Unit 7 which has a Swinging A section and a Latin B section for the head and then reverts to swing entirely for the solos.
    Make sure to review the thread that you just posted in.... especially this post...
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...3658#post23658

Then look here
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...even-Sam-Jones

)BOB

Thx Bob. The version of Unit 7 is great but I really wanted to know how I can do that. I can see an option for Latin/Swing but not Swing /Latin. Is there a way to flip it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbyco View Post
    Thx Bob. The version of Unit 7 is great but I really wanted to know how I can do that. I can see an option for Latin/Swing but not Swing /Latin. Is there a way to flip it?
    Easier to do than to explain.
    Study the two charts I posted. Compare to a "standard" charts, you'll see what I did.
    )BOB