Thread: Guitar chords viewer

Question Guitar chords viewer

Is there any way to set which chord voicings are displayed when the song is playing? I have tried several times and the player displays the someone's everytime. You can tap the chord to look at other chord choices, but it would be nice to set which chord is shown during playback

Yes, I'd like to know how to control which guitar voicings are displayed. There are several alternitives in the library for each chord type, but I don't understand how to select which one is displayed while a song is playing, or if that is not possible, how does iRealb choose which voicing to display? Is there any written or video documentation about this?

The app chooses a fingering trying to find the closest position in relation to the previous chord (the way a guitarist would do)
    If you tap on a chord and choose a different voicing, the following chord choices will change accordingly but when the next chorus comes around it's not guaranteed that your chosen voicing will be back as it might no be the closest fingering at that moment.
    Ideally you learn from the available choices and don't need to keep looking at every single voicing.
    One suggestion would be to work on a few bars at the time, that way you have more control of which fingering are displayed.

Same thing here. An option to save your preferred voicing display would be iDeal!

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    The app chooses a fingering trying to find the closest position in relation to the previous chord (the way a guitarist would do)
    If you tap on a chord and choose a different voicing, the following chord choices will change accordingly but when the next chorus comes around it's not guaranteed that your chosen voicing will be back as it might no be the closest fingering at that moment.
    Ideally you learn from the available choices and don't need to keep looking at every single voicing.
    One suggestion would be to work on a few bars at the time, that way you have more control of which fingering are displayed.
    Hi... first post. I just got iRealB and was looking for this too. The way it works is certainly helpful for learning economy of movement, but it doesn't allow the player/editor to specify a preferred voicing. Just because it's closest doesn't mean it's the voicing I prefer at that point. Also, when creating or modifying songs for beginners, it would be good to have ability to start with voicings they are already familiar with.

I think, ideally, the Song Editor would give you the ability to specify guitar chord voicing and then the Player would have the ability to use the editor's specified voicing or the default "economy of movement" voicings. This would be the best of both worlds. Just a newbie's suggestion.

- Kayaker
    Last edited by Kayaker; 07-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.

The next update of iReal b will allow you to select your favorite voicings.

I am looking for this feature too. I would like to be able to select which voicings show up as the tune goes by. Also, I would like to be able to change those voicings in each separate chorus or verse. Thanks all! I love the program it is super helpful!!

"

"The next update of iReal b will allow you to select your favorite voicings. "

When will the next update be released with this feature?
    Last edited by Jayandrew; 09-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Hi. Thanks for a great app. Any chance of an update so with guitar chords on the only thing on the screen is the guitar chord screen occupying the whole screen so it's as big as possible?