Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I import to iPhone from Editor

Quote Originally Posted by CHartman View Post
    ... So Chrome looks at it and sees it as a URL too big to parse. Does that make sense?...
    There has to be an easier way to "package" the song for transfer to an iPod etc that doesn't run into all these variables. But I admit I can't think what it would be.
    We had problems with Chrome for our web editor and do not recommend it for this reason. I am not surprised it does not work for webmail and our song code. Chrome is made by Google who make gmail so it all probably goes through the same systems (coding etc.)

The Mac editor creates a 'normal' computer file if you save it, but it needs to work with our web editor, forum and iOS (and we have a basic version of iReal book on Android.) The format of songs may very well change in the future to make this process more seamless and easier.

I'm posting this in two different places.
    I received an .irb file from a Mac App user, but my iphone was not able to open it ("Mail cannot open this attachment"). I believe it should, from reading posts. I asked to send it again by choosing a different option from the menu, but shouldn't the file be universally openable?
    Cheers.
    David

Edit: OK, just read this thread: Backup or transferring from Mac editor between iReal book for Mac. Too bad (.irb files aren't openable with ios)...
    Last edited by Kalokagathon; 11-22-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

I need some help as well.

I'm using iRealBook Editor 0.6.4 on OS X 10.7.2, and have created a five song playlist, and saved as an .irb.

When I click on "Playlist to Device", it creates a new email in Mail 5.1 (which I have set as my default email client), but it does not embed a link or attachment. All it creates an an email with the song titles...no link or attachment.

When I email this to myself and pick it up on the iPhone 4s, there's nothing to click on.

Can anyone provide some guidance? Thanks so much.

Tim

There is a conflict with Lion.
    I've fixed the editor.
    Download the new one form the website (it's still named 0.6.4) and see if it works.

http://irealb.com/downloads/ireal_book_editor_0.6.4.zip

New version works perfectly! Thanks so much, Massimo!

Tim