Thread: Getting duplicates of songs from re-downloading playlists

Default Getting duplicates of songs from re-downloading playlists

I like to make smaller playlists of tunes from the Jazz 1400 for focused practice. But whenever I have to redownload either playlist it makes a mess with duplicates being renamed ie. “title” becoming “title 1”.

Is there an easier way to keep playlists organized?

I am considering to rename every song I add to a sub playlist just to keep it organized, so if I post the playlist to the forum sandbox I can easily download it and/or share it across multiple devices.

Is this the best way? Or is there a smarter way that I haven’t thought of yet?

Thanks for any help!

When the app adds a number to the title (title 1, title 2, etc.) the files are not duplicates, they are similar.

Read this for a more detailed explanation:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...2808#post32808

More:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...icate-handling

*any* edit made to a title or chart creates a “new” chart.

I am considering to rename every song I add to a sub playlist just to keep it organized
    Appending a unique code or identifier to the song title makes it easier to locate specific charts in your main song library.

Edits made to a chart will change that chart everywhere in your app. eg. main song library as well in any playlists containing that chart.

“Soft” changes to charts in playlists made through the player control screen (style, tempo, player key etc.) affect only the chart in that playlist. I don’t know if sharing that playlist with another device that already has the ‘original’ same chart will result in the addition of a number to the title in the 2nd device.

)BOB