Thread: All My Loving - John Lennon-Paul McCartney

Default All My Loving - John Lennon-Paul McCartney

dflat and others:
    Here's "All My Loving" in a similar style that you recommended "Nowhere Man."
    All My Loving by Lennon-McCartney

As with dflats suggestion on "Nowhere Man" basically it lays out the sections and then directs the musician how to order the sections.

I saved a little space by putting repeats in B and the Coda.

One possible visual problem is that song has essentially four chord sequences, so the directions on how to order them gets pushed really far to the bottom on the iPhone.

Another thought is that if this kind of style works, it might be worthwhile to add a sequence "legend" (like a map "legend") tool to the irb editor with a standard, compact, conspicuous style that would always be in the same place on the chart page (probably immediately below last chord sequence, left margin?). I attached an example. I don't really like it, and it would be worth talking to someone who's good with type/graphic design, but I wanted to give you an idea of what might work.

I'm not sure, but I wonder if a lot of pop songs could be condensed and clarified for iReal Book-assisted gigs with this kind of style and a good legend. I'm betting lots of the Beatles stuff works well with this approach.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-01-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Oh and probably goes without saying, if you like this chart, I'll finish it and add it to the Beatles thread!

In my opinion simple form instructions at the end of the page work well.
    In this particular case you could probably try not to use all the available space because that makes the chart slightly 'squeezed' when you look at it on the screen of the iPhone.

Something like this for example:
    All My Loving by Lennon-McCartney

And, Yes! we'd like to see this song in the Beatles thread.
    thanks for your contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by boscotom View Post
    dflat and others:
    Here's "All My Loving" in a similar style that you recommended "Nowhere Man."
    Yes I agree with Massimo. The reason I suggested the vertical placement in Nowhere Man was because there was a pattern which is easily seen vertically, whereas if you placed it horizontally, it would take more reading to get the pattern. (I majored in Psych!)
    But in most cases, having it along one line is better and more compact.

Thank you for the questions. They make us think about consequences behind the software design.

Thank you. I like it too. I'll move it up to the Beatles thread.

Default Beatles - All My Loving (all corrections)

I paid five bucks for the "Pop Styles Pack" so I can listen to this in 12/8 time. I set the tempo to about 150.