Thread: Band in a Box import

Default Band in a Box import

Hello,
    Thanks for this great program which I use all the time on Mac and iPhone.
    Have you in your plan to import Band in a Box songs ? I have hundreds of songs in BiB which I have to re-enter in iReal b.

Or an alternative would be a small (?) batch program to do this.

Thanks,

Yverof

We have no plans for such a feature.

This would be a worth while feature for irealb to consider. I have thousands of songs programmed into Band in a Box, most of which are 5k or less in size. I would be more than willing to share them all with the forum but I'm not willing to do so by have to retype them all. It should be a very simple matter. Please reconsider.

Dude, hate to tell ya, but BinB is a direct competitor to iReal - or, more to the point, iReal is one of the only programs that successfully does what BinB does. They each have their own advantages/disadvantages compared to each other, but asking the iReal guys to allow importing of BinB files would be like asking Apple to allow Android apps to work on an iPad.

hi all, i'd appreciate this too, on my Mac book runs windows ...I like and need both, for me irealb is 'binb to go' , I think this would boost irealb popularity considerably.

let us not forget to mention Band in a hand. ( iPod, iPhone )You can program your own backups for Piano ,Bass and drums.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    Dude, hate to tell ya, but BinB is a direct competitor to iReal - or, more to the point, iReal is one of the only programs that successfully does what BinB does. They each have their own advantages/disadvantages compared to each other, but asking the iReal guys to allow importing of BinB files would be like asking Apple to allow Android apps to work on an iPad.
    MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.8.5,
    Mac: Logic 9 (scoring, producing), iReal b (progressions)
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

I did make a java applet to import songs from band in a box to a basic notation : each line is a group of eight bars which are separated by tab (conventional format for table, for instance when you copy a table on a PC).
    To be more precise, I copy in Band in a Box the "lyrics" checking the chords, unchecking the words, and paste this in my applet
    Could my applet help ? (answer please to distilland@free.fr)
    This was done for the chord progressions on my web site: http://www.distilland.free.fr/chords.php?

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    ... but asking the iReal guys to allow importing of BinB files would be like asking Apple to allow Android apps to work on an iPad.
    Au contraire. It would attract BiaB users to migrate to iReal, which sounds okay to me. For me it would make it possible to abandon BiaB after migrating my songs.

Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
    Au contraire. It would attract BiaB users to migrate to iReal, which sounds okay to me. For me it would make it possible to abandon BiaB after migrating my songs.
    I agree, this is the key to success. Allow BiaB users to migrate!! :-D