Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Night in Tunisia - Dizzy Gillepsie

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo9627 View Post
    A Night In Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie
    Please review the guidelines for posting charts:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-and-playlists

)BOB

Default Interludes ?

I'm working on scoring a Night In Tunisia. The song has a C Section of "interlude." It is only supposed to repeat the first chorus and the last chorus but it repeats during solo sections as well. I already read a post about this and the answer did not work. Also, I'm using a Latin swing rhythm and it is supposed to change back to swing for the C-section as I placed the B-section before it. Sheet music here: A Night In Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-10-2023 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duke1889 View Post
    I'm working on scoring a Night In Tunisia. The song has a C Section of "interlude." It is only supposed to repeat the first chorus and the last chorus but it repeats during solo sections as well. I already read a post about this and the answer did not work. Also, I'm using a Latin swing rhythm and it is supposed to change back to swing for the C-section as I placed the B-section before it. Sheet music here: A Night In Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie
    Your chart revised to play the head with interlude, 3x solos w/o interlude, head-out with interlude.

A Night In Tunisia 3 - Dizzy Gillespie

You can change the number of solos by editing “3x”.
    Note that player repeats should be set to “1”.
    I copied the first line to the bottom and used a Segno to line 2 to allow the solo section to repeat as desired.

The Latin/Swing style plays A’s in Latin and B’s etc. as Swing on the 1st & Final player repeats. Player repeats #2…until Final are all swing. Since this entire chart is the 1st player repeat, the solos will also switch styles as previously described. You can make the solos all swing with an easy edit. Simply re-label that section as a single, repeating B section.

Hope it cycles as you wanted it to.

)BOB

This works great, Thanks!

A Night In Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie