Thread: Our House - Chas Smash-Chris Foreman

Default Our House - Chas Smash-Chris Foreman

Fun song by the British ska group Madness. Goes thru several key changes, fun to try to keep up w/. Pop-Rock @ 124 bpm.

Our House (Madness) - Chas Smash-Chris Foreman
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-22-2023 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Corrected thread title format

Hi - I can't find in the User Guide what the proper format is for a thread title (you had edited my thread title: "Corrected thread title format"). Just want to mke aure I'm doing things correctly. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    Hi - I can't find in the User Guide what the proper format is for a thread title (you had edited my thread title: "Corrected thread title format"). Just want to mke aure I'm doing things correctly. Thx.
    It’s included in the guidelines for posting charts:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-and-playlists

If there is not already a discussion thread for that title, you may start one.
    (Title: <song title - composer name(s)>)
    Song threads are generic and are for any versions of the tune. When the performer’s name is included in the discussion thread title, it suggests the thread is specific only to that version.

Since performer names are (properly) included with the chart’s song title, this thread should be in the search results for the performer.

This tune has been covered by
    Kidz Bop Kids
    The Starlite Singers
    Poblers United
    Midnite String Quartet
    Party Tyme Karaoke
    and probably others.

)BOB

OK, I think I've got it - make the performer (who may not necessarily be the composer) part of the title of the chart (which makes that name(s) part of the html file link), reserving the composer name(s) for the Composer Info, & adding the composer info as text in the message after the link. Yes? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    …reserving the composer name(s) for the Composer Info, which automatically adds the composer name(s) as text in the message after the link. Yes? Thx.
    Yes
    )BOB