Thread: Blank spaces

Default Blank spaces

dflat and others:

See my chart on "Golden Slumbers". This is a beautiful little song and for clarity sake (I hope!) I left space on the right of both the A & B section. I know that we try to go all the way to the right margin generally, but Lennon and McCartney mess with us by adding those brief 2/4 time sections!

Do you think this is fine or is the preference to stretch out some of the bars (which can cause its own visual problems IMHO) to have an unbroken right margin?

I have a feeling as I get into more complex, late-career Beatles stuff there might be more songs that don't fit the basic iReal model, so I'm just trying to get some clarity now.

Song reference from youtube. I end the chart with just Golden Slumbers...not going into the "Carry That Weight" segue-way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e_j66mgTDE

Golden Slumbers by Lennon-McCartney

Keep interpreting the Beatles at your jazz gigs!

That looks good to me. The double bars at the end of the sections make it clear that we're done in that system.
    The only thing is the intro. Just one bar? maybe a double bar to close it?

Your charts are getting really nice and clear.
    Thank you.

Yes the intro is just one bar, at least the way I hear it, before Paul sings the melody. I initially added it to the A section, but thought that might cause some problems on any repeat back to A (since it's only played once in the recording.) I will add the double bar to close it. Thank you!