Thread: playlist specific keys

Default playlist specific keys

as a professional working musician I play with many singers.
    I want to create a playlist for each singer I work with and have that playlist's songs in the correct key for each singer
    my request could be called "playlist specific keys"

after talking to many iReal users we all think this would be a great enhancement.

When you transpose a chart in a playlist, it should always display in the *new* key when viewing it in that playlist.

Here’s what works best for me:
    When I make playlists for the different singers I work with, in addition to *their* key, there are often other ‘tweaks’ they want… verse,intro/ending,altered chords etc.

I find it easiest to make/edit a duplicate chart including those changes and append their initials (or a code) to the song title. That’s their version.
    When I build future playlists for them, by searching my library for their “code” I can bring up all their charts (in alpha-order) and easily put together their desired set(s).

)BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    When you transpose a chart in a playlist, it should always display in the *new* key when viewing it in that playlist.

Here’s what works best for me:
    When I make playlists for the different singers I work with, in addition to *their* key, there are often other ‘tweaks’ they want… verse,intro/ending,altered chords etc.

I find it easiest to make/edit a duplicate chart including those changes and append their initials (or a code) to the song title. That’s their version.
    When I build future playlists for them, by searching my library for their “code” I can bring up all their charts (in alpha-order) and easily put together their desired set(s).

)BOB
    Thanks! didn't know that!