Thread: Need E# and B# to be valid as bass notes

Default Need E# and B# to be valid as bass notes

I have just tried to enter C# and G# chords with a third in the bass, which should be C#/E# and G#/B#.

However, the editor did not accept the E# or B#, showing the entry text as red, and discarding the bass note after tapping Next.

In order to get the correct sound, I needed to enter C#/F and G#/C, which don’t make musical sense, and would be very off-putting to read on a chart. It wood bee like haveing to reed cmpleetly incorrekt speling.

It is really a bug report more than a feature request, but is here the best place to ask for it to be addressed?

I expect the same issue might apply to Cb and Fb, for example trying to enter Abm/Cb or Dbm/Fb. But I haven’t tried those.

Thanks
    Tony

Yes, that's definitely a bug.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Bug
    The common Enharmonica Bassnoticalis known for its exclusive diet of notas accidentalus.
    )BOB

Agreed. For those of us who utilize this program more than we should frankly, these issues and bugs, hopefully will be resolved. Personally, speaking, I write 2 to 3 songs a day. This app is great to just drop down concepts and go back to them later for hand writing. Having the multitude of cords time signatures, being accessible relatable, there’s a must frankly I use this app so much I would pay monthly if they would just start doing upgrades. Thankful for what we have looking forward to the future of this program.