Thread: How to delete text on a chart?

Default How to delete text on a chart?

Newbie.

I spent about 25 minutes online looking for the answer to this question but could not find it, hence this post.

Working in iReal Pro for Mac, I duplicated a chart for Straight No Chaser that had a text note at the bottom "Miles Davis version is in the key of F". See attached.

I want to delete this text because I edited the chart and changed the key to F.

I can't figure out how to do that (how to delete the text).

Thanks for any help on this.

Edit the chart
    Place the cursor on the space in the measure where the text begins.
    Select text mode (abc) - I think Mac has a dedicated text field.
    Is the text now visible in the entry field?

Yes: delete the contents of the field (x) or backspace to remove text, done, save.

No: because text position can be adjusted from below the staff to above it, or moved forwards by entering spaces at the start of of the text, you may need to move the chart cursor to the left or up/down to show the text in the entry field.

https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...3831463/?p=mac

Let us know your results
    )BOB

Hi Bob,

YES, this worked. I'd messed around with the curser before posting, trying to get it centered on the text I wanted to delete, but it wouldn't.

Until your help I didn't notice that the cursor has to be placed ABOVE (not right on top of) the text, and then it appears in the text field on Mac OS and can be deleted.

Muchas gracias.

Ken

Great!
    Things can get tricky when so much functionality is available in a small package on a single page.
    )BOB