Thread: recording

Default recording

can a person record with ireal b when playing along?

Quote Originally Posted by farmrbrnboy View Post
    can a person record with ireal b when playing along?
    You ask a simple question but the answer is complicated. Here are a few ideas.

You might be able to run iReal b in the background and a recording app will record your playing (or singing) and the audio from iReal b as it is being played. (One possible problem is that your Android device might not have enough processor power to do this.)
    However this will result in a inferior quality recording due to the poor microphone built-in to the Android device and small speaker(s) in the device playing iReal b output.

another possibility is playing the output of iReal b through a guitar amp (for instance) and recording to your computer via a USB microphone which picks up the amp and your playing. Or if you have an MP3 recorder, it could be used to record.

if you have multi-track software on your computer, you could record the output of iReal b playing the chart (in real time) to a track on your computer, then recording yourself on another.

iOS users can record just using their iPhone (iPad etc.) by saving the iReal b chart as an audio file, importing it into a multitrack recorder app onto one track, then listen to this via headphones while recording a second track - you playing or singing.
    However currently iReal b for Android v1.1.2 cannot save an audio file. This is coming in a future update - see:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....ile&highlight=

----
    in reference to your question, iReal b does not record audio.

Default recording apps (Android)

There are a different apps available for recording, for example:

RecForge
    there is a lite version which is free so you can trial it.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...cmRlcmxpdGUiXQ..

J4T
    four track multi-track recorder
    https://market.android.com/details?i...Gl0cmFja2VyIl0.

Latest app update 2/2016 includes a record yourself feature.
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...l=en&p=android
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-18-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Default Problem recording audio

I´m experimenting problems when recording some audio with iReal Pro. In the past I´ve used this feature before but this problem is new...
    The output audio recorded through my phone mic is out of sync with the audio generated by the "virtual" band...

When recording, I play and all sounds in perfect sync... but output audio is a mess...

Any hints?

BEST REGARDS
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-18-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tahlendorf View Post
    I´m experimenting problems when recording some audio with iReal Pro. In the past I´ve used this feature before but this problem is new...
    The output audio recorded through my phone mic is out of sync with the audio generated by the "virtual" band...

When recording, I play and all sounds in perfect sync... but output audio is a mess...

Any hints?

BEST REGARDS
    Please contact us at support. We will need some details of your device etc. from you. Thanks.
    More>Help, Contact us is within the app.

Default Does recording only work with the iPad/iPhone mic?

I tried to record my guitar using a Roland Duo Capture EX audio interface. When I try tapping Record, I do not hear the guitar. It seems Record only works with the iPad/iPhone mic, not with USB audio input. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    I tried to record my guitar using a Roland Duo Capture EX audio interface. When I try tapping Record, I do not hear the guitar. It seems Record only works with the iPad/iPhone mic, not with USB audio input. Is this correct?
    Yes correct, it is only designed for a basic quick convenient recording using the built-in mic.

If you want to do more than this using your Duo Capture you would export the audio to GarageBand or similar and record your guitar on to another track, (plus you would have control on mixing, effects, adding additional tracks etc.)

Did you read the link in the post before yours?
    Have you tried recording using (wired) earphones and the built-in mic?
    )BOB