Thread: Save As or Creating a New Version of an Existing Song

Default Save As or Creating a New Version of an Existing Song

Is there a "Save As" command?

I wanted to create a new version of an existing song but did not see a Save As command. I changed the title of an existing song after making a few chord changes (edits) and then hit "save", but it didn't create a new file (song) and keep the original version. I used the Edit function to make the chord changes (edits), but I did not see a "Save As" option so that I could generate a new version (I just added V2 to the song title) of the song while keeping the original version.

As I recall, I was able to do this in an older version of iReal Pro, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in my newer version.

This is particularly useful if you are wanting to make a few changes to a Jazz Standard song as there are so many chord substitutions or altered chords that are used. So editing/changing a few chords in the original song and giving the edited version a new file name while keeping the original would be useful. Using this process, you'd end up with 2 versions of the song, the new edited version (with some chord changes under a new file name and the original (unaltered) version of the song.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-20-2023 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Duplicate post attempt deleted

You are looking for “Duplicate”

https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...-a-song/?p=mac

)BOB