Thread: No One Ever Tells You - Hub Atwood-Carroll Coates

Post No One Ever Tells You - Hub Atwood-Carroll Coates

No One Ever Tells You - Atwood, Coates

I have been looking for inquiries and threads on this forum for "No One Ever Tells You," a song composed by Hub Atwood, with lyrics by Carroll Coates (covered by the likes of Frank Sinatra, Shirley Bassey, Ruth Brown, and even as a duet with B.B. King and Diane Schuur), but no luck! I've been hoping to find a chart, and--having had ZERO success--made one myself in iReal Pro! Hope it's of use to others, and that I got all the formatting/best practices correct.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-23-2023 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Corrected thread title format

Excellent! Thanks for charting and sharing this cool tune.

I made a few minor cosmetic “tweaks” that I’ll share with you, simply FYI.
    Not necessary or required, just helpful.(to me…)

No One Ever Tells You - Atwood-Coates

When the quality info is obscured even when you use the Small font, I’ll sometimes use text to add the info in a more readable spot in addition (doesn’t affect the player).
    For example, the #5 in the last chord of the 1st system extends past the barline.
    I added a + using text, positioning it, adding spaces as needed using the space bar, and elevated its position to a clear spot.

When a chord is sounded for more than one beat, I always try to use the Normal font. The font size helps me better “see” the timing.
    |ssN |N ss|sN s|

I added a single down-arrow space for the final A section. There was room on the chart and I think it looks more balanced.

I added the END instruction under the Eb in the last measure. The player will hold on that as an ending the final player repeat.

https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...-symbol/?p=ios

If you prefer it to end with |Eb E7|Eb .
    The final automatic ending chord will be added by the player if END isn’t used.
    For that to work as desired, the default key must be set correctly. (You did that)

Thanks again for posting your chart.
    Looking forward to more…

)BOB

Really helpful tweaks, Bob! Thanks so much! I am about to post another chart (different song) but I'll go back and review, based on some of your thoughts. Thanks again.