Thread: Should I get MacOS or iOS version?

Default Should I get MacOS or iOS version?

So I'm a mac user, have an M1 Macbook air, iphone, and ipad.

Will the iOS version work on the Macbook?

Does the MacOS version have more features or a different interface?

Should I buy both versions?

Quote Originally Posted by yeldarb View Post
    So I'm a mac user, have an M1 Macbook air, iphone, and ipad.

Will the iOS version work on the Macbook?

Does the MacOS version have more features or a different interface?

Should I buy both versions?
    If you want to use iReal pro on all 3 devices you will need the Mac app for your Mac and the iOS app for your phone/tablet. The two apps are sold through different app stores.
    They have the same features and will share charts between your devices.

I understand the Mac offers keyboard shortcuts and some drag and drop actions.

The good news is the same app (iOS), single purchase, will cover both your iPhone AND iPad.

I use an iPad mini and have an android phone. I had to get two apps.
    Different systems, different apps.
    If I ever got a Mac,…. yup, I’d need to get another different app for that too.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    If you want to use iReal pro on all 3 devices you will need the Mac app for your Mac and the iOS app for your phone/tablet. The two apps are sold through different app stores.
    They have the same features and will share charts between your devices.

I understand the Mac offers keyboard shortcuts and some drag and drop actions.

The good news is the same app (iOS), single purchase, will cover both your iPhone AND iPad.

I use an iPad mini and have an android phone. I had to get two apps.
    Different systems, different apps.
    If I ever got a Mac,…. yup, I’d need to get another different app for that too.
    )BOB
    The whole point of M1 Macs was that you can use iOS apps on your Mac - I do it with all sorts of other apps.

There's a specific toggle in the App Store app on Macs that shows you the apps you've purchased for "Mac Apps" vs "iPhone & iPad Apps".

Quote Originally Posted by Piel View Post
    The whole point of M1 Macs was that you can use iOS apps on your Mac - I do it with all sorts of other apps.
    It depends on the app, not all apps are the one purchase for installing in both iOS and Mac.
    For example, Apple Logic has separate Mac and iOS versions.

We have information/explanation here:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...d-iphone-ipad/

You should find both Apple App stores (iOS and Mac) have Compatibility information for any app, listing the devices (or Mac models) that app will install and function on.

When the app first came out it was macOS only. I got used to it that way but now I pretty much do all my editing on my large iPad. iPad I think is the way to go.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    When the app first came out it was macOS only. I got used to it that way but now I pretty much do all my editing on my large iPad. iPad I think is the way to go.
    https://www.irealpro.com/version-history
    )BOB