Thread: Practice: slow down option

Default Practice: slow down option

It would be great having a slow-down-option (not only speed up) 8n the practice section

Please tell us more. How would you use such a feature? How do you feel a “gradually get slower” feature would improve your musicianship?

Side note: if you only lived near me, I could recommend a “practice” group that might be just what you are seeking……
    )BOB

True, but my people are not precise enough to slow down every round by exactly 10 bpm.

You can achieve a "magnifying glass effect" and train the muscle memory. In a certain sense, the feeling for the original speed can be taken along when slowing down. The feeling for the target speed is sometimes hard to get when you start slow. Of course "slowdown" can't replace "speedup", but I thought it would be a good exercise variation and with a slider that doesn't start left but in the middle and a "-" it could be programmed with manageable effort (but I don't know your code).

My source for this method is the Jazzschule Berlin => https://www.jazzschule-berlin.de/

Just give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Please tell us more. How would you use such a feature? How do you feel a “gradually get slower” feature would improve your musicianship?

Side note: if you only lived near me, I could recommend a “practice” group that might be just what you are seeking……
    )BOB
    Martin, thanks for your detailed reply
    )BOB