Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropouts on iMac

...except I'm having thew same issues, and it keeps coming back. I'm reinstalling it twice a month now. Very annoying when you're trying to teach. Mac OS 13.0.1, latest iRZealPro, Apogee Elements 24 with latest drivers. It is also happening on mat iPad, so it's not the interface.
    Cheers,
    Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by CameronHood View Post
    ...except I'm having thew same issues, and it keeps coming back. I'm reinstalling it twice a month now. Very annoying when you're trying to teach. Mac OS 13.0.1, latest iRZealPro, Apogee Elements 24 with latest drivers. It is also happening on mat iPad, so it's not the interface.
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in this.

Please contact us directly with the specifications of your devices, or Mac, the version of iReal Pro, audio interfaces, etc. and any information if you have it about when it occurs or what might be triggering this.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Please contact us directly with the specifications of your devices, or Mac, the version of iReal Pro, audio interfaces, etc. and any information if you have it about when it occurs or what might be triggering this.
    Thank you
    Thanks.
    I'll probably get around to doing that at some point.
    For now, I'm still trying to troubleshoot it here myself.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my audio interface, an original RME Babyface, not the newer Babyface Pro or Babyface Pro FS.
    It doesn't seem to happen when I use my iMac's built-in audio.
    [There's probably a BF Pro FS in my future anyway.]

At the moment, the BF is connected via a USB hub.
    I'll report back after I try it with the BF connected directly to one of the iMac's USB ports.
    My guess is that that will fix it, unless there's a driver issue with the original BFs and the newer OSs.

Quote Originally Posted by joegold View Post
    Thanks.
    I'll probably get around to doing that at some point.
    For now, I'm still trying to troubleshoot it here myself.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my audio interface, an original RME Babyface, not the newer Babyface Pro or Babyface Pro FS.
    It doesn't seem to happen when I use my iMac's built-in audio.
    [There's probably a BF Pro FS in my future anyway.]

At the moment, the BF is connected via a USB hub.
    I'll report back after I try it with the BF connected directly to one of the iMac's USB ports.
    My guess is that that will fix it, unless there's a driver issue with the original BFs and the newer OSs.
    Seems quite a bit better now.
    Although I did have 1 dropout/glitch when I first started using IRP in this configuration today, it's been real stable since then.
    Definitely much better than before.

I also changed my clock master settings in the BF which actually may have been the deciding factor.
    I'll put it back the old way later to see if it affects anything.
    Essentially, I usually have my Axe-FX hooked up to the BF via Spdif and the AFX needs to be the clock master in that configuration.
    I've not been using the Spdif signal path for my recent practice sessions, so I unplugged it and set the clock master of the BF to Internal.
    But I've had that Spdif connection that way for years now and this issue only arose recently.
    I don't think it's the culprit.
    I think running the BF through the hub is/was the problem.

I'll report back again if the issue resurfaces or if I figure out more about it.

Thanks to all participants here.

FWIW

This is STILL happening.

It seems to be related to my Babyface since it doesn't happen when I use Built-in Audio.

It's also not an iReal issue since it also happens with Logic.

I plan on renting another interface to see if the problem persists.

I'm running the latest drivers and firmware on the Babyface, but it's old tech at this point.